Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20 Million new guns in the US last year!! Now do the math if they all bought just 1 box of shells for their new gun...

·
Registered
30,552 Posts
That includes only new sales? If a person bought a used gun at Cabela’s, a gun show, a pawn shop or from a private sale where the State requires an FFL transfer, those are not included? Not all background checks mean an approved sale and what about more than one gun transfer with a single background check?

How many first time buyers joined the NRA?

Reactions: Storeman

·
Registered
55 Posts
Used gun sales from a dealer would required a background check also unless the buyer has a qualifying CHL or LTC license. There would be no record of a background check when the CHL or LTC is used so there is no telling the actual number of gun sales from dealers.

·
Just getting by.....
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
That ncludes only new sales? If a person bought a used gun at Cabela’s, a gun show, a pawn shop or from a private sale where the State requires an FFL transfer, those are not included? How many first time buyers joined the NRA?
I wonder how many sales are due to Antifa arming themselves? Not every gun owner is a good one. I'm sure China will use this to full effect.

·
Just getting by.....
1,093 Posts
“The highest overall firearm sales increase comes from Black men and women, who show a 58.2% increase in purchases during the first six months of 2020 versus the same period last year,” wrote Jim Curcuruto, National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) director of Research and Market Development, in his report according to AOL News. “Bottom line is that there has never been a sustained surge in firearm sales quite like what we are in the midst of.”

Groups like the Black Gun Owners Association have been said to experience a tremendous spike in interest and online traffic since the protests started. “Whether it was fear of a food shortage, lack of a grocery store, the short response times for law enforcement or whether people were just fearful they were going to be attacked, I don’t know,” said Derrick Morgan, national commander of the Black Gun Owners Association, to Politico.

·
Registered
30,552 Posts
I wonder how many sales are due to Antifa arming themselves? Not every gun owner is a good one. I'm sure China will use this to full effect.
Exactly, when people get their civil war they are clamoring for, the opposition will be armed too.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Exactly, when people get their civil war they are clamoring for, the opposition will be armed too.
If it comes to civil war, it will not be short and it will not be easy. I am hoping it won't come to that.

It's not just Antifa vs Trumpers. The US military figures in and they are not something to mess with. That being said, guerrilla wars are difficult to defeat. Black days all around.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Let’s hope these “newbies” get some training for the use of these guns! Many brand new gun owners, if trained properly is a great thing for our country and our sport.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In a few years there may be a glut of NIB KelTecs and Hi Points for sale on Gunbroker and in pawn shops. Maybe even some quality stuff. If guns are still allowed to be sold at that time.

·
Registered
30,552 Posts
Majority may be part of the government buy back program we will foot the money for.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts