Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine wants to introduce his granddaughters to waterfowl hunting. One is very small framed. I told him there are a few youth model 20ga. semi autos on the market ,but, really haven't kept up with the newer lines of guns. From her size she would need a youth model with a shorter barrel and stock.--Any suggestions?

·
Vendor
4,922 Posts
New Beretta 391 20 ga., 24" barrel, Mobile chokes. The stock may have to be shortened for her as they run on the long size for a Youth gun. Call me
Mike Battista
727 410 5212

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Shotgunworld has a whole subforum specifically about youth shooter and shotgun issues. see link.
Mark

·
Registered
253 Posts
I bought my small frame 12 yr. old daughter a remington 870 pump for Christmas, the reason I went with pump is because I can load really light loads and not have to worry about a cycling problem, she shot 100 rounds through it on the skeet field with me last weekend and said she could barely feel the recoil, by the way this is her first gun and first time really shooting and she is hooked!!!

Joe

·
Registered
33 Posts
My grandson shot a rem. LT20 1100 21" barrel, screw in chokes for his first gun. Bought another stock and cut it to size. Put a hastings slug barrel on with a cantilever mount and it's an outstanding deer gun with hornadys.15 and six foot now. Deer gun only now but it served him very well. Heavy shot for ducks and geese.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
An improvement that will really work to reduce recoil on a 20 ga. is to use a full size pad and don't cut it down or trim it. I know it doesn't do anything for the gun's looks but what the hey!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use an uncut pad on my slug gun and it works great. More surface area. I however don't know if it would effect gun mount. No experience. RICK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts