Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

I would like to know if any of you have experience with the Winchester Super-X 20ga 3/4 ounce slugs on pigs, and what your opinions are of them?

Also, would it be safe and advisable to fire them out of a Beretta SP1, with multi-choke, and which chokes to use?

I ask, because I can get a hold of a good supply, at a very favorable price, but if they are no good, then I'll just let them pass.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Johann
IMG-20161115-WA0005[1].jpg

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
If there a good deal get them anyhow. Put them to the test and try them. Cylinder or IC choke for slugs out of a smoothbore barrel.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow that's cheap. Definitely worth a try. I'm shooting accutips and there spot on. They are expensive but how many shots do you really take for deer once you sight in. Probably same goes for pigs

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I and my family have shot a lot and I mean a lot of deer with shotgun slugs. My father has used a 20g for years. The pig won't know what hit it. Like Smokin Tom said. Cylinder or improved cylinder. $3 a box is a bargain.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
A 78 year old man shot a 37 point buck about 50 miles from here in Minnesota 11 days ago. He used a 20 gauge pump with slugs. From the pictures looked like it was a field grade with open sights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts