Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 20 ga. AA 2 1/2" hulls, A 502- 7/8 bar, what is a recipe using long shot powder, (all I can find) the recipe on the bottle has only 1oz. (not 7/8) I have 209 Remington primers, what wad? (CB)?

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I assume you mean 2 3/4 inch shells not 2 1/2? If so, go to the Hodgdon reloading site. They have data for your loading..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am pretty sure you have 2 3/4 inch hulls. The 2 1/2 refers to the dram charge of the original load. Here is some load data straight from Hodgdon for 20 ga. Winchester Compression Formed & HS hulls.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,063 Posts
(all I can find) the recipe on the bottle has only 1oz. (not 7/8)
Go To Hodgdon.com and find all the data for all the gauges and components you want to find. If its not their? It doesn't exist. Lots of choices with longshot powder in 20 ga. hulls!!! 43 different loads with longshot powder in AA hulls. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Longshot in the 20 with 1oz of hard 7-1/2s makes for 1 silo mallard slamming load!!!
. Have even used it in my Browning Citori with an XF tube and shot Annie's with it from reasonable 20ga distances. Used 7-1/2s as 1st shot then 6s after that. Buffered 3rd shot and have set many a soul on the bench who laughed at the "Bananna Gun or kids gun"!!

Reactions: Turkinator
1 - 6 of 6 Posts