Trapshooters Forum banner

20 AA hulls problem

635 6
Ok I have just about adjusted everything I can been using mecs for years , mec 9000 loading 20AA compression hulls. Using 20/28 powder throwing 16g, 7/8 ounce loads, bar is throwing 389grs using cb 1078-20 wads. Win029 primers. Here is a picture what is going on I have never had this problem thanks. Ps doesn't do it on all hulls maybe half of them.
Sand dollar Petal Organism Insect Wood
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
877 Posts
Add more precrimp and then adjust your crimper down. You cannot fold into a crimp material that has not been precrimped. More precrimp furnishes the material that can be folded to then reach the center of the crimp.

· Registered
1,159 Posts
I had a similar problem when I started loading 20 GA a couple months ago. I had the pre-crimp all the way down and still a small hole. I ended up inserting a couple of washers to push the pre-crimp down a just bit farther. HSAA and Rem's all crimp good now.

Good luck.

· Registered
2,393 Posts
That is what my HS hulls end up looking like most of the time. They are a little shorter than the older compression formed ones. You could have some variety in length and that is why some would look good and some not as good. If the shot don't fall out I wouldn't worry too much.

Get a bunch ready for that new shotgun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.