Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yes, it is a common problem.

You're better off with a more reliable Remington 870.

Please send those Kreighoffs to me for disposal and in return, I will send you two replacement 870s.

G

·
The one that quit shooting was because the shooter couldn't stand to pull the trigger any more! Lol. Nice shooting guns but they kick a little.

ec90t

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll trade you my Beretta's for them. and you won't have that problem.
Hell I'll pay the shipping...

Bill

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
send them to me

I will give 2 870s for each krieghoff and I will go with you to walmart so you can pick out the wood or plastic that you fancy in person

regards from Iowa- where we have been snowed in for days

Gene

G

·
Stainlessbt99,

I shoot with a guy that puts 1 1/2oz of 6's through his Bavarioun Sewell K-80 all the time. Doesn't seem to hurt it on bit. He has a checkup done it every year at the Grand.

Sorry if my spelling is a little off. I'm not a Krieghoff guy, nor do I have $30,000 to spend on a shotgun. The funny thing is though, there are two guys that have'em.

ec90t

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you get a Krieghoff, it will ruin it for the rest of your guns,,,
So just grab then and send them to me and I'll send you 2 very nice Beretta's

Bill

·
Registered
236 Posts
jbmOU,
buy a BT99 in stead of a Keiegoff, they are a lot cheaper and the barrel off the 99 can double as a car jack handle too, Or a club or a bottle rocket launcher or whatever.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Don't know about the one that just quit shooting but the one that went off when closed is a common problem with ks-5s== there is an adjustment screw you reach thru one of two holes in the trigger guard that you turn to put it back in time--don't remember if you turn it right or left but about a half a turn is all it takes--fixed mine fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not unusual for Krieg's to break down now and again. New a buddy had one break down in a shoot off. Scared the h e double toothpicks out of everyone when he closed the gun and shot the trap house. Only shoots the other K gun and hasn't had a problem in 5 years.

Goathead

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
If the first example had a KS-5 Special, it has an adjustable trigger, both let off and weight. If you thoroughly clean that gun and re-adjust the "cripness" of the trigger (let off) by setting it while disassembled, you'll likely have the situation you describe; gun fires when closing it. A turn or so on the adjustment screw while all assembled will solve that one in 10 seconds. Haven't a clue why the 2nd issue but any gun can have a fatal quit with a broken part. My "special" just keeps working right so I doubt anyone would call "all" of them suspect....breakemall....Bob Dodd

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.