Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
32,241 Posts
My bad, sorry..........I should have noticed that you're shooting "Yuppie Clays".
I am surprised no one noticed Tron is talking about SC guns, not trap guns.

·
Premium Member
5,549 Posts
I heard he was a skeeter!

Reactions: kehrby

·
Supporting Vendor
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Are the rib heights the same? It appears the Zoli maybe a little higher. I've also wondered as well about the rib tapper. I recently bought a Pro Sporter and have noticed a difference as well in perceived lead. I'm coming from an 1100, so my guns are not nearly as similar as yours. The K80 is the only gun I have shot with a tapered rib. I have great and awful days with the K80.

I am also really curious about the Zoli, I am trying to find out if anyone will have one to demo at the US Open. Claythorne is only a two hour drive for me.
Z gun rib is slightly higher, but barrels sit slightly lower.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have you chronograped the same load out of both guns?
I'm surprised no one mentioned this sooner. Just because two guns have the same barrel length, doesn't mean they produce the same velocity. Differences in bore diameter, back boring specs and choke can have a significant impact on velocity.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Tron,

Have you pattern the pair ? If the stocks re set up the same then their has to be a measurable POI difference ?

·
Registered
22,745 Posts
I'm surprised no one mentioned this sooner. Just because two guns have the same barrel length, doesn't mean they produce the same velocity. Differences in bore diameter, back boring specs and choke can have a significant impact on velocity.
Not enough to matter. See threads about 1200 FPS loads vs 1145 FPS loads time to target.

Reactions: WadHopper

·
Registered
578 Posts
guessing if pull triggers, the pull weight might change the swing, if release should not be a issue but the weight of the gun at butt and forearm may make a swing differance. ??

·
Supporting Vendor
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Tron,

Have you pattern the pair ? If the stocks re set up the same then their has to be a measurable POI difference ?
I set the POI exactly the same and checked from a bench rest.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,023 Posts
I set the POI exactly the same and checked from a bench rest.
I'll bite...
I've never been able to shoot two different guns with identical points of impact. IMO it's how the gun moves that determines the necessary POI.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Maybe there’s a LAWSUIT pending with you?
That would be very unlikely!!! Because your not licensed to practice in Pheasantmasters State!!!

I just happen to know of a excellent group of Attorney's who are licensed in PheasantMasters state though. If your serious about pursuing this Lawsuit? Do contact Dewey, Cheatem, & Howe!!! break em all Jeff

41 - 60 of 99 Posts