Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
When my father passed away, I inherited his Remington 1100. I was shooting a Caesar Guerini at the time and when I tried to shoot the 1100 the perceived lead was substantially greater on the Remington. Took me a while to get use to shooting it and now I can't shoot my CG worth a crap...

·
Supporting Vendor
10,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Rib heights the same, relative to the bore axis? Any chance of the dreaded canting? As I get older and stiffer (in the neck), I fight canting more...
I could see it being a cant issue if it were one direction or the other, but both left and right targets require considerably less lead with the Z gun.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Were you wearing yoga pants or a tutu while firing? The skeeters tell me that makes a difference and how you swing with the hips 🙊 🤣

·
Supporting Vendor
10,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Z gun is Perazzi copy? P guns are rumored to be faster to the target than K guns so if it is a good copy the Z will swing better.
I’ve had P guns and I could never shoot them consistently well. Also, for whatever reason, they hurt my wrists. I like how they’re made, but that’s where it ends with me.

·
Premium Member
6,137 Posts
Here are 2 guns of mine. One is a K80 Pro Sporter 32" and the other a Zoli HR 32". Both are set up identical, yet the Z gun has considerably less perceived lead (doesn't matter left or right). In other words, I don't have to lead a target nearly as much with the Z gun as I do the K gun. I can't figure this one out.

Most likely the way your placing your cheek on the comb.

Maybe try contacting one of the adjustable comb installers that advertise on this board and also possibly a fitting session.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
i would venture that swing dynamics differences would account for the perceived lead differences, There are not a lot of competition O/U's that have a higher moment of inertia than the K-80; the Zoli certainly exhibits less MOI. Just for grins, find a similarly set-up Kolar (.750 bores) and compare perceived lead with the K-80. A good activity when you're bored or the kitty is cranky.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Here are 2 guns of mine. One is a K80 Pro Sporter 32" and the other a Zoli HR 32". Both are set up identical, yet the Z gun has considerably less perceived lead (doesn't matter left or right). In other words, I don't have to lead a target nearly as much with the Z gun as I do the K gun. I can't figure this one out.

Do you break the targets at the same distance from the front of the trap house with both guns?
If you don't, then which gun do you break the targets with quicker?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
If the guns are the same, the difference must be you. You're probably more swole up with pride shooting the K gun than the Zoli, resulting in a different fit.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Are the rib heights the same? It appears the Zoli maybe a little higher. I've also wondered as well about the rib tapper. I recently bought a Pro Sporter and have noticed a difference as well in perceived lead. I'm coming from an 1100, so my guns are not nearly as similar as yours. The K80 is the only gun I have shot with a tapered rib. I have great and awful days with the K80.

I am also really curious about the Zoli, I am trying to find out if anyone will have one to demo at the US Open. Claythorne is only a two hour drive for me.

Reactions: Tron

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

MICHIGAN wind velocity differences.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts