Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
10,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are 2 guns of mine. One is a K80 Pro Sporter 32" and the other a Zoli HR 32". Both are set up identical, yet the Z gun has considerably less perceived lead (doesn't matter left or right). In other words, I don't have to lead a target nearly as much with the Z gun as I do the K gun. I can't figure this one out.

·
Registered
22,821 Posts
Here are 2 guns of mine. One is a K80 Pro Sporter 32" and the other a Zoli HR 32". Both are set up identical, yet the Z gun has considerably less perceived lead (doesn't matter left or right). In other word, I don't have to lead a target nearly as much with the Z gun as I do the K gun. I can't figure this one out.

Z gun is Perazzi copy? P guns are rumored to be faster to the target than K guns so if it is a good copy the Z will swing better.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
'Z', being the final letter in the alphabet, doesn't have nearly the lead of any letters which come before it.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Rib heights the same, relative to the bore axis? Any chance of the dreaded canting? As I get older and stiffer (in the neck), I fight canting more...

·
Registered
14,120 Posts
I'm curious if there is an eventual answer.

A few years ago I set up a Remington 1100. It was as identical as it could feasibly be made to my over/under in every aspect. The SOLE difference was the 1100 had the regular 8mm rib, but the o/u had a 12-8mm rib.

I never could figure it out, and eventually ended up giving up, but on some targets I just couldn't see a clean lead and sight picture for the life of me with the 1100.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Good ideas on both swing acceleration and maybe rib width.

What do the barrels (with chokes and forends) weigh?
If those are real close then where is the balance point of each barrel.

When I've swung slower guns I have to push for more lead on fast targets (like the 45 degree in bunker).

If both barrel sets weight and balance pretty close then I'd favor the rib width playing into it. But I'd bet a beer its swing from the different weight/barrel balance.

Also, do the guns weigh the same overall?

·
Registered
22,821 Posts
Rib heights the same, relative to the bore axis? Any chance of the dreaded canting? As I get older and stiffer (in the neck), I fight canting more...
Y’all need to re-read Neil on cant. It is dreaded only because of porch “wisdom”.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts