Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Krieghoff K80
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of premium payments to Collectibles Insurance Services.........I needed to file a claim 3 months ago for the first time. They gave me the complete run around. Claim agents that were "unsure" of what exactly constitutes a "loss"...total lack of communication, PLUS they threatened to drop me with a very nasty letter a week after I filed the claim due to "lack of policy payment" which was totally bogus. Had to send them copy of my cancelled check which was sent 3 weeks BEFORE it was even due. They were actually going to drop me over a $5.00 error which stemmed from their "accounting dep't". No phone call from a rep, no apology for their mistake........nothing. That's OK, I'm now in the midst of "dropping them" like a hot potato & going with SIAI. Thank God ATF finally got my gun back because Collectible's would have been totally useless in my situation. You get what you pay for. Careful folks.....and tread lightly when it comes to this company.

·
Krieghoff K80
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No suit 8bore, I'm not going to battle with insurance companies in court. They probably have lawyers an arms length long. It was enough of a hassle just getting my gun back from the crook (Big Az Al on here, also known as Kelso Gunsmithing). I don't have the time nor energy to do it again with a bunch of shysters. They lost me as a customer,and just want to give a heads up with my experience to the members here.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Sorry to hear about the way you were treated Claybird2............My experience with a claim through SIAI was exactly the opposite. Everything smooth, phone call before & after from the company to see that things were repaired correctly........even paid for shipping both ways!

·
Krieghoff K80
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going with SIAI too hunter. I like the fact that they require serial numbers for each insured firearm.......and that upgrades or "add ons" have their own separate coverage. From what I understand.....at least they know guns there. My claims agent at Collectables was clueless.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Just keep bringing this thread to the top and hurt them with public comment. Put the info on other shooting sites, do the public a favor.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks guys. I struggle with this because I've heard a horror story about every carrier out there. I hate the insurance industry. I appreciate the information.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Sounds like you had two separate issues. One being poor customer service. That, in itself, is a good reason to shop your coverage. The second is the claim handling. I'm not sure you would have had much better luck with SIAI or anyone else given the circumstances.

This certainly isn't a case of insurance fraud. It's simply a coverage dispute. Fortunately for you it's been handled. If it hadn't been I would have suggested a complaint to your State's Insurance Commissioner.

·
Vendor
1,255 Posts
Gun returned or not~~REPORT IT~~~Insurance fraud is a crime.

At least file a complaint with your states Attorney General , the Better Business Bureau and don't forget the NRA.

Eddie
Sounds like you had two separate issues. One being poor customer service. That, in itself, is a good reason to shop your coverage. The second is the claim handling. I'm not sure you would have had much better luck with SIAI or anyone else given the circumstances.

This certainly isn't a case of insurance fraud. It's simply a coverage dispute. Fortunately for you it's been handled. If it hadn't been I would have suggested a complaint to your State's Insurance Commissioner.
Tom is right on target. In my 40 years experience as an insurance agent one call(complaint) to an insurance commissioners office gets action w/in 48 hours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts