Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently gifted an old Winchester Super X awhile back, I`ve shot trap with it a lot and really like it. Recently I tried to shoot doubles with it and I cant get it to load the second shell in the chamber. The second shell comes out of the tube and into the lift mechanism but the action locks open every time. I have cleaned this gun vigorously so I dont think its gummed up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

· Registered
346 Posts
It really sounds as though the trigger mechanism is not operating correctly...with shell from magazine deposited on the lifter, the trigger mech should release and load the shell into the chamber...believe it's time to let your local gunsmith take a look at it...

· Registered
93 Posts
If you don't know much about Super X1 triggers, +1 on cleoje to have a good smith look at it. I have shot them for 40 years and if you mess incorrectly with the screws on the trigger, you might find you gun going off when you drop the bolt on a live round. Stupid mistakes when I was a young shooter here, safely learned a lesson but had to wash some drawers that day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.