Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Looks like an Edwards Recoil Reducer has been installed. Might be a challenge to remove it. Or just leave it alone and live with it.

·
Registered
32,245 Posts
Looks like and Edwards to me to. The slot on the back is supposed to be turned to the left for a lefty and turned to the right for a right handed shooter. Idea is to turn a weight that is shaped not perfectly round to deflect recoil down and to the side.

I have a mercury reducer in one of my guns and it does not have the slot.

hhttps://www.edwardsrecoilreducer.com/

Check out installation instructions on PDF file under the “Product” tab on this link.

Reactions: PITA7660

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for the replies! I will experiment with it and see if it needs replaced. How do you know if a recoil reducer needs repair/replace?

I read somewhere on this forum that you should drill a hole in the end cap to allow for oiling. Is that a possibility, or, because of its age just replace?

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Thank you guys for the replies! I will experiment with it and see if it needs replaced. How do you know if a recoil reducer needs repair/replace?

I read somewhere on this forum that you should drill a hole in the end cap to allow for oiling. Is that a possibility, or, because of its age just replace?
google Edwards Recoil Reducer for info on these reducers...I think they are still available. Most of recoil reduction comes from just adding weight to the gun.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts

Don't think you want to drill a hole in a mercury reducer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts