Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD - 1950 Winchester Model 12; 12 Gauge; 2 Pin VR; 30” FULL; SN: 1224900; Trap Grade; 95% plus original unaltered condition; No rust, pitting or metal damage. No cracks, splits or repairs to wood. I rate the wood XX or possibly XXX. Has some honest marks on wood, but no “damage”. LOP: 14 1/4”. Original Winchester Solid Red Recoil pad, still in excellent condition. All original as it left New Haven in 1950. Photos are taken both in direct and indirect light inside and outside to give you a full feel for the gun. USPS money order. Will ship to FFL who accepts from private seller. $1600 shipped and insured for $1600 via USPS. Will ship in hard plastic gun case with gun broken down and bubble wrapped before boxed. Letting this one go as a have a few other Trap Grades in this condition and have my eye on another 20 gauge Model 12. PM to discuss. Enjoy.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Stock was not cut, it's original length. It was probably special ordered at 14 1/4" as the standard order option for stock length was 14". Straight comb. The early Trap Grade Model 12's pre-1960 have higher combs than a standard field grade. I can see the entire rib with gun mounted. More photos added.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome MJT. I am on a 20 gauge Model 12 Binge. Have been looking for a IC or WS2 choked 20 gauge solid rib for some time and found one. Now I need to move a few things to make that happen. Appreciate the look!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Do you have a better picture of the left side of the receiver? On my computer it is a collage of 3 different pictures and none show the side. Is there any galling or struggle marks on it?

Thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Coach. I just enlarged them all and added the three below. High original condition low use gun. If I didn't have two more Trap Grade Model 12's in very similar high original condition, this one wouldn't be for sale.
Electronic device Wood
Shotgun Revolver
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Table Plywood

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A question was asked and I figured I post the answer to be helpful to all. Drop at Comb is 1"; Drop at Heel is 1 1/2" almost a parallel comb. The other two 2-pin Trap Grade Model 12's I own a both have straight comb stocks as well, with almost identical drop at comb and heel. One is a late pre-war (1942) and the other an early post war (1944), neither are for sale. Hope the information helps.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
John,

I have no way to measure it. I am 99% sure it's unaltered and has the standard tight Winchester FULL choke. I bought the gun about 10 years ago from a gentleman in Florida who said the gun had been handed down to him by his father when he was around 50, he was in his 70's when he sold me the gun. He told me his father was an attorney and had passed away in the 80's and he had been hanging onto three guns that were his dad's. I have only put maybe 150 rounds through the gun. If I had to guess I'd bet the gun hasn't seen 10K rounds in it's life, it doesn't appear nor was it implied by the seller when I bought it that his father was a Trap shooter. He wasn't sure but believed his father had bought it new. It's a very clean gun.

Price lowered to $1700 shipped and insured for $1700.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Last Price Reduction - USPS money order. Will ship to FFL who accepts from private seller. $1600 shipped and insured for $1600 via USPS. Will ship in hard plastic gun case with gun broken down and bubble wrapped before boxed.

Thanks for the interest thus far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.