Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was 14 back in the early 70's I had a chance to buy a Chrysler Town and Country for $400.00. Not to many kids back in those had $400 to spend on anything. A few years later I saw that car on back of a tow truck.

I just looked the car up on the internet and they are restored going for $100,000 to 125,000. Damn I wish I had that car.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Just about every car I had in the 50's & 60's is worth $100,000 restored. And I had a bunch of muscle cars. From three 57 Olds J-2's, to a 69 W-30 442. With 409's, Vette's, and GTO's in between.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,954 Posts
People had a different mentality with used cars back then. You could get an older car for cheap! I remember my Brother brought home a 70' GTO that he grabbed for $800. It wasn't in too bad of shape either and boy, did that thing move.

·
Registered
839 Posts
My buddy's dad had a new one, we used to go Crusin' in it. It was called the pussywagon. We had a great summer.

Bill

·
Registered
719 Posts
My Story about a 48 Chrysler Woodie Convert. Late august 1948 I was working at the Mn State Fair, helping set for the night stage show. They had car races in the afternoon on a 1 mile paved track. A Chrylser Town and Country convert (just like the video except yellow) pulls into the infield by the stage and a good (I mean good) looking woman gets out and goes into the dressing rooms below the stage. I go up to the guy still in the car and say "WOW WHAT A NICE LOOKING CAR". He said "just got it, brand new". He then asked me if I wanted to go for a ride. I jumped in and around the 1 mile track we went, made 2 laps before somebody told him to stop. Fastest I had ever gone,at least 150 mph well maybe 80. I was only 15 and it was a thrill. Now the rest of the story. Found out later that the woman was Sally Rand and the guy was Billy Rose.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Another interesting story. My older brother while in the Navy about 1952 or so was hitchhiking home from Los Angles to Northern California when a Black Cadillac stopped to pick him up on Hy 99. Two men were in the car and the driver was Clark Gable. He drove my brother all the way home, apparently it was on the way to his destination. I mean to the folks door. About a 500 mile trip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts