Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A L.C. Smith fella, James Deemer, sent me this pic of the 1935 Remington Shooting Stars; unfortunately not captioned. It likely also includes some Remington - Peters and DuPont executives.

I found this 1935 Remington Skeet & Trap Equipment catalog page, but it is very small and not of adequate resolution to read the names; some no doubt are in the picture.

Can anyone ID any of the "Stars"?

The 1935 All-American Trap 1st Team
Joe Hiestand, Steve Crothers, Walter Beaver, Ray Zwiener, Elmer Torge, Frank Troeh

The 1935 All-American Skeet Team
1st Team: Frank Kelley, Harry Fleishmann, Frank Traeger Jr., Ed Garland, H.B. Joy, Jr.
2nd Team: Dr. Charles Scranton, Billy Clayton, Robert Wilfong, David Sklar, Phillip Conway

·
Banned
41 Posts
Didn't Remington have tv show called shooting stars, as I Remember they had a big circle And shooters had to break the bird before it left the circle.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I remember that, sort of. Wasn't there a different movie start shooting with a pro each week ? The quicker you broke a target, the more points.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Ian Peel went on to win the Silver Medal for Olympic trap in the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games. He still shoots to a very high standard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts