Trapshooters Forum banner

1383 Views 16 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  daflorc
I am looking for a 1911 5 inch in .45. please pm. Me. I will do a trade for one to....thank you
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
4,685 Posts
What are you looking for? That would really help to know your budget. I have a Les baer custom and I also have a Rock island arms. Just depends on what you want to spend.

· Registered
354 Posts
You do realize that CMP wants 1050.00 for a used 1911 that can be had brand new from Kimber for far less?
The Kimber has no history. A CMP 1911 has been in the US Military hands since, well... since it was new. Two different things. IF OP wants it to shoot a lot, a new pistol is the way to go. IF he wants history, that's a different deal.
Mike B

· Registered
2,397 Posts
You do realize that CMP wants 1050.00 for a used 1911 that can be had brand new from Kimber for far less?
The new Kimber isn't a piece of US History though. And I mean the good kind of history. I have a real flashy Springfield 1911 with all kinds of bells and whistles on it and I have a WWII 1911A1 and that is the one people love and I enjoy shooting. Do I shoot the new one better, sure, but I like the old one better.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The new Kimber isn't a piece of US History though. And I mean the good kind of history. I have a real flashy Springfield 1911 with all kinds of bells and whistles on it and I have a WWII 1911A1 and that is the one people love and I enjoy shooting. Do I shoot the new one better, sure, but I like the old one better.
Pics of Springfield

· Registered
858 Posts
PM me if you would be interested in an as new Springfield Armory Loaded. It comes from the factory with many of the upgrades that are popular, hence the Loaded in the model name.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts