Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
David Noreen recently sent me a 1905 'Baker Gun Quarterly' which has this neat pic from the 1905 New York State Sportsmen's Association Tournament, Utica New York, June 13-15

High Average - W.H. Heer 468x485, 2nd F.D. Kelsey 448x485, 3rd L.C. Smith rep Harvey McMurchy 446x485
F.D. Kelsey (amateur) won the State Championship with 97x100 and the Fulford Cup.
Handicap tied 46x50 - Heer (22 yards) and Windsor Morris (18 yards)

Team History

I can't pick out Harvey (below) or "Silent Billy" Heer of Kansas (and later Oklahoma) - possibly front row center holding the shotgun?

Standing Shooting sport Shooting Recreation Trap shooting

Text Font Line Brand Logo

And a blessed 2011 to everyone!

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bill or anyone else: send me an e-mail - [email protected] and I'll attach the scanned pic.

Here's the link

http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL1373/6511424/19974446/394324850.jpg

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Drew, you may be right about Billy Heer. I have an old cabinet card from turn of the century with Billy Heer and a few other shooters. It does look like him. Would be great to see the original old photo. Also F.D. Kelsey may be the 4th shooter to his left (dressed in all black) I have an early photo of a young Kelsey, also his obit photo and his last Grand American Trophy from 1930. He was born February 23, 1855 died of heart attack last day of February 1933. I`m thinking McMurchy may be the shooter on right side of photo front row? I`m sure there are quite a few other well known shooters in that photo.

Thanks for posting,
Sportalluring

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are most welcome Bill, and it's been great fun gathering information about the remarkable shooters of that era.
More neat stuff at the site above; scroll down to the bottom of the Table of Contents

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.