Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

17 yard HNCP

4K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  Hap MecTweaks 
#1 ·
Simple question, why don't we utilize the 17 yard line? With all the perenial discussion about everything wrong with the handicap system and all everybody thinks should be changed to fix it, seems to me if the purpose of handicaping is to level the playing field then why stop at the eighteen? A quick count on a random page of the average book came up with roughly half of the shooters that registered ATA targets in 2012 carried LESS than a 90% average in singles.......now if that many can't even carry a breakpoint average from 16 yards why would we think they might from two yards farther back, for that matter why not let 'em shoot handicap from the 16 yard line? If we REALLY want to level the playing field, rather than pouring more concrete behind the 27 yard line why not pour the additional concrete ahead of the 16, say maybe up to about 10 yards? I can think of a number of places where it'd be a major excavation project to pour two or three yards behind the 27 but I can't think of a single one where the ground isn't pretty level and unobtructed between the 16 yard line and the traphouse.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I'm not suggesting to narrow the angles or slow down the targets. I'm just sayin' that for all the things done and have been proposed to be done to try to keep everybody shooting handicap in the low 90's why stop at the 18 yard line on the low end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.