Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

16 ga reloading

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  skipsor 
#1 ·
anyone have a good field load for 16 ga also any reloading components out there thanks beni

#2 ·
I reload for 16 ga. I Get my components from Ballistic Products. Everything you need. The sell a 16 ga. manual which has a lot of info and many loads listed. It's something like ten bucks. www.ballisticproducts.com Phone is 1-888-273-5623. Hope this helps. Mike.

#4 ·
I used to use Remington Sport Load hulls, Winchester Primers, and Hodgdon Longshot, but I can't remember what wad.

#6 ·
Go to 16gasociety.com their will be more infomation and loading charts that will blow your mind. Anything you can think of for the 16 you will find information their. I have loaded for the 16 for 40 years and 16ga society still has new stuff and ideas all the time. Bill

#7 ·
One more vote for 16ga.com. There have been a couple of new wads for the 16 made in the last few years by both Down Range and Claybusters.

"Field loads" is a pretty large area to cover without knowing what kind of field you will be in,i.e., skeet, trap, pheasant, quail, spotted owl, etc.

You will have to narrow it down a bit to get a good answer.

I own several 16's and, just like any other gauge, I pick my load to match the target but 7/8 oz. is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.