Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot a new gun on paper today but only got to shoot three shots at 13 feet ? It shot two inches high at 13 feet how high will it shoot at 36 yards ??

·
Registered
86 Posts
not sure, but thats 2 in. at about 4 yds(your 13 feet) times that by 9(4 yds divided by 36) equals about 18 inches high.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do to water and ice I could only shoot at 13 feet (don,t ask) I know but I need to get an idea were this gun shoots . It,s been way to cold untill today to do anything . Off a rest i shot three rounds in the same hole 2 inches high dead on . I,m trying to get this rib-comb thing close .

Tom I tell you when I know .

ALF

·
Registered
196 Posts
Using the awesome trig skills I learned a million years ago I have come up with this answer:

A 13 foot distance to target with a 2 inch (.167 foot) raise gives you a hypotenuse of 13.001. When the distance to target becomes 108 feet (36 yards) your hypotenuse will be 112 feet with a total raise of ...............30 FEET.

Make sure to shoot waaaaaaaaaaaaay under the target!

Note: I've been at the sauce today, please check my math.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
2"/13' = x"/108'
x= 16.6" but the shot is following a downward trajectory so you will be about a foot to 14" high at 36 yards - probably just where you want the center of the pattern.

·
Registered
196 Posts
OK. I've dusted off the abacus and the slide rule. Plus I've polished off 4 more fingers of scotch. I'll figure this thing out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.