Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cleaning out shop and have for sale a 12 Gauge, 2 3/4" Clymer chamber reamer that has been used exactly one time. It comes complete with a .729 pilot bushing, which is easily changed for different bore diameters.
Check out you-tube to see the simple procedure to lengthen chamber to 2 3/4 inch. $110 shipped.
Hope everyone is well and staying safe. Cheers, Doc

Attachments

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
I have the Clymer forcing cone reamer, which I have used so much I had to send it back for sharpening. Spiral fluted, smooth as silk.
Sorry I don't need your reamer but I am curious as to the forcing cone part of it. Shallow, deep, degree?

HM

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one only does the chamber. I lengthened the chamber on a 1926 Parker and only had to go from 2 5/8 to 2 3/4 and because of the
age, did not want to get very aggressive. The "slight" adjustment to the chamber made the gun much more enjoyable to shoot.
Doc

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
This one only does the chamber. I lengthened the chamber on a 1926 Parker and only had to go from 2 5/8 to 2 3/4 and because of the
age, did not want to get very aggressive. The "slight" adjustment to the chamber made the gun much more enjoyable to shoot.
Doc
I don't need the reamer but I am curious how a "slight" adjustment to the chamber made it much more enjoyable to shoot? Ease of finding ammo?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was always told that using 2 3/4 inch shells in a 2 5/8 chamber was ok (as long as one wasn't shooting "killer" loads), but the recoil was a little nasty and the gun was sometimes difficult to open.
2 1/2 inch shells are available, but not cheap so I lengthened the chamber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.