Trapshooters Forum banner

1100 sporting 410 ejecting problems

1403 15
Ok I bought a very lightly used 1100 sporting 410 shot two times when I bought it ejected fine. Gun was pretty dirty cleaned it some and went to the range. After about 10 shots wouldn't eject. Took it home and completely broke it down and cleaned it extremely well, also changed the o ring. Went today shot skeet and at station 4 it started not ejecting again. What is wrong any ideas thanks.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add upon the shot bolt is not even trying to open I cleaned the gas port and assembled it correctly have cleaned 1100s before. I haven't taken the recoil spring in the stock out and cleaned but that wouldn't cause this problem. Only thing it could be is a gas problem I think.

· Registered
2,341 Posts
You did but the rings back in, right? And you put them in correctly? Make sure the split on the piston is 180 degrees from the split on the seal. .410 1100's usually fling the hull very far away.

· Registered
110 Posts
Take the barrel off your 1100. Try every reload in the chamber. Are they a snug fit? Try your fired cases in the chamber....are they sticky? I had an issue with some fired cases from my reloads not ejecting out of my pristine Winchester M42 as the extractor would slip off the rim. Turns out I needed to tighten the MEC 9000G collet several "clicks or flats" to bring the brass head down to 0.472" for them to function properly.

I'd try a box of factory AA shells in your 1100, freshly cleaned and see how they work. If they work well, then look at reloading them with the correct wad CB wad and 15.2 gr of H110 per the Hodgdon website for 1200 fps with the new HS hull. Good luck!

· Registered
832 Posts
Ok I bought a very lightly used 1100 sporting 410 shot two times when I bought it ejected fine. Gun was pretty dirty cleaned it some and went to the range. After about 10 shots wouldn't eject. Took it home and completely broke it down and cleaned it extremely well, also changed the o ring. Went today shot skeet and at station 4 it started not ejecting again. What is wrong any ideas thanks.
I'm assuming you have no problem ejecting the shell by hand using the lever, any sticking at all? You can try just a light film of grease on the brass of a few shells to see if that helps. If it does, you might need to polish the chamber.

Also, next time it happens take the forearm off and see if you can work the action rod by hand easily.

· Registered
10,633 Posts
This gun has a 3" chamber. Maximum factory pressure is 13,500PSI. This means your 2 1/2" reloads are going to have to be hot as a firecracker to operate the gun. I have seen this a bunch in these guns, and do NOT suggest enlarging gas port size. That will make the action overspeed if hot little shells or factory 3 inchers are used.

Your powder charge is over a grain under the starting load per Hodgdon. If you run out of room with your load, up the powder and get the Skeet bar which will throw a very slightly smaller amount of shot.

Go to the Hodgdon site and reconsider what you are loading.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.