Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Based on parts that I have replaced on my 1100's and 11-87's, I would also add the link that resides between the bolt and the recoil spring in the stock.

For any 870 or 1100/11-87, you should also have an extra firing pin and firing pin spring.

The Remington gunsmith booth at the Grand has these parts available.

Ed Ward

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Complete bolt assembly (quick replacement at a shoot).

O ring (Barrel Seal)

Link ( T )

Operating handle

I carry an extra trigger but never needed it.

I saw a number of Piston Seals break when the 11-87 first came out, but after the first year those made for the 1100/11-87 don't seem to have any issues.

Plenty of breakfree...

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Add a forearm support to the above lists, plus a set of trigger pins, since you can lose one when taking your gun apart to fix it. I carry an extra 1100, just in case.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I just bought another 1100 for $250 and bring it along.
I have never had my 1100 break any parts that stopped it from working, but when I took it apart to clean it once I found some broken parts.

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
An extra 1100. They're cheap enough used, why not?

·
Registered
16,839 Posts
1100's? Breaking? .....Blasphemy!

Actually someone, I think Brownells's maybe had a kit with the small stuff in it, no bolt or action bar but most everything else.

I have one 1100 that is a jparts donor, somehow I never get to shoot it.

But I take a spare along.

HM

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
Before you buy, compare the kit price to a good, used gun.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Most of the time when my 1100 breaks a part it falls out of the bottom of the gun. It might cycle a little rough from then on, but it usually keeps on working. If I have the part with me I make the repair. HMB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.