Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchase a 30" step ribbed trap barrel marked Mod. Just mod, not Trap-Mod. Choke constriction about .020 with a bore of about .727

A shooting buddy of mine has a 30" flat ribbed barrel marked Mod-Trap with a bore of about .736.

How many were there? Is mine from an early 60's to 70's 1100 trap gun while his is from a Tournament Trap T? I am getting really confused over all the available variations.

Thanks

·
Registered
863 Posts
Thor5
I had a 30" flat ribbed barrel marked Mod-Trap it was an absolute target crusher.
It was from the early 70.
It hit targets harder then any other barrel I've owned.

Shawn

·
Registered
13,613 Posts
There is no rhyme or reason to Remington barrels, they are REALLY all over the map. I've had a untouched 28" mod field barrel that was .745 bore with .020 choke.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Step rib barrels are from the 70's. Your barrel is in the hard-to-find category, and very prized by 1100 trap
shooters.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dick,

You are correct. I checked out my 1977 Remington product catalog and there it was, with a part number of 9614. Listed for a retail price of 101.95 So were the flat ribbed types both before and after the step ribbed era?

The 9526 30" full choke flat rib was from the 60's wasn't it?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Finding the date of manufacture on Remingtons is easy. There is a date code on the barrel that will tell you the month and year.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Guys there is a Flat rib Trap Mod on GunsAmerica right now.

If anyone is looking. Not mine and no association.

Merry Chrismas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts