Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot my 1100 LT-20 for the first time in a while today. Noticed that the barrel seems a little loose. On further inspection, it seems the lug on the inside of the receiver is a little flattened on the bottom.

Can this be repaired?

Carbon Steel Rim Metal

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
That lug is for aligning the barrel, not tightening it. It fits in a slot to prevent clockwise or counterclockwise rotation of the barrel.

I don't see the sheetmetal barrel support on your action bars. Maybe its out of the image. Do you have one?

View attachment 202132

Look at part number 104 in this diagram.

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brian, I didn't think the 20 gauge 1100's had that part at all.

BTW, that's the problem. I guess I wasn't clear. When I said "loose" I meant there is slight clockwise and counterclockwise rotation of the barrel.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
My LT20 does have the barrel support it is a 70's gun. Barrel does not move with bolt open.

Not to hijack your thread but recently the magazine tube pulled out of my 1187. Does anyone have a recomendation on who could repair this? Not really wanting to send it to Remington.

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
Remington has a list of recommended Remington repair gunsmiths on their website. See link.

The issue may be backlog. Often the factory has a faster turnaround service.

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called Remington today and they said the LT-20 does not have the forearm hanger. Only the 12 and 16 gauge models.

Thanks for the link about the repair gunsmiths.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.