Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a right hand carrier for an 1100 with a button similar to the one sold in Shotgun Sports Magazine.

·
Sky Buster
4,127 Posts
Looking for a right hand carrier for an 1100 with a button similar to the one sold in Shotgun Sports Magazine.
Remington sell's a longer one that is only used on the police
shotguns. I installed one on my 1100 sporting gun and it is
a big improvement. About $40,00

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
They where also used on the Compition guns and are much nice to use then the big button. Midway USA will have them or Remington.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
A small piece of wood attached to the carrier with 3M mounting tape works just as well and can be easily removed to shoot doubles and then reattached with the same piece of tape. Cost nothing and works. I've been using the same piece of wood for several years.

·
Ljutic Nut
2,929 Posts
Dirk

Is this the one you are looking for?
P1030257.JPG
P1030258.JPG

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I just bought one from Shotgun Sports. $29.95 plus $12 shipping. I haven't received it yet. I have an extra carrier assembly which Midwest sells for $37.75. With shipping you'll have almost $100 invested.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks but I have three carriers. One left hand and two right hand. One of them is a rare chrome one. I'll probably go the Shotgun Sports route too.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the extended release button from Shotgun Sports Magazine today. Heard it was a bear to install. Understatement. Reminded me of kids Christmas presents with the dreaded words. "Some assembly required". The instructions may have been written by someone who never installed one before. Finally got it done and works well.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Got the extended release button from Shotgun Sports Magazine today. Heard it was a bear to install. Understatement. Reminded me of kids Christmas presents with the dreaded words. "Some assembly required". The instructions may have been written by someone who never installed one before. Finally got it done and works well.
Dirk,
It looks like removing the little roller pin is the hardest part. What else is a problem? I ordered mine two days ago.
How fast is their delivery?
Thanks, dickgtax

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Just get the compition one from Midway USA they work the best.
If you're talking about the one pictured with the long ramp, that's the Dave's Metal Works one that hangs down below the receiver. Beware! I just read a long article on installing one that says it involves a lot of filing, cutting, and more filing, and it has to be adjusted perfectly to work. It has to be pressed almost all the way in to release the bolt. OK for feeding a shell for doubles but impractical for singles and handicap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts