Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This barrel appears factory stock. 28" long, vent rib, no mid bead, field front bead. I measured the interior with a my "Baker" gauge and got .748 bore and .728 thru the choke for .020 constriction. The barrel is stamped "mod". The normal bore is .728 (my experience). Anyone ever sees this type of boring on an 1100 pipe? Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
skeet man; I've used my bore gauge a lot over the years and that's the first reaction I had, maybe the gauge is loose or out of spec. I triple checked the ga. and still got the same readings. The barrel is not choke tubed. Thanks for the chart rjh.

·
Registered
16,935 Posts
Remington back bored the barrels with .018-.020 of choke so they could use regular Remchokes and their would not be any lawsuit provoking accidents.

If you put a standard skeet Remchoke in it will huff 16 yard targets nicely since the choke would be .020 +.05

I have one of that type, and a full choke in it does ridiculous things to a target, but missing is a little easier.

You can compare the special trap and regular Remchokes to verify this.

HM

·
Ljutic Nut
2,968 Posts
I sold an 870 field last week. I bought the gun new in 1983. Was .745 down the bore and .705 at the end of the non-choke tube barrel. The choke was about 3” long.. This was done with my Baker bore gauge and with the bore gauge of the guy that bought the gun .

Remington made a lot of over bored barrels of different kinds back in the late 70's and through the 80's. I have three step rib 1100 trap barrels (no choke tubes) and all of them are .740 or better and they are all factory barrels.

Jim R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.