Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 11-87 trap guns used this winter. After shooting about 200 factory rounds thru each both forearms now have hairline cracks in them. I used grollia glue on them and since there is not alot of pressure there they may hold up but still why would they do that? Is that real wood? Or is it just really thin? I don't recall 1100's having this problem. Will 1100 forearms fit on them or are they different? I can't find a place to buy forearms for them but I'm not sure I want to put new 11-87 forearms on them if they are made this cheap. Thanks

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
are you talking about the parting line thats in the middle of the barrel channel? If so, that's supposed to be there.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On one the crack appeared yesterday while shooting it is on the right side about 1 inch long and touches the receiver, The other is about an 1 long and is on the bottom and touches the receiver.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
It's real wood and it is thin. Brownells carries Remington parts.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/schematics/schemmfg.aspx?schemid=116&m=12&mn=Remington%c2%ae&model=11-87+

·
Registered
868 Posts
I HAVE 2 WITH OVER 15K SHOTS EACH WITH NO CRACKS. I KNOW SOMEONE WHO CRACKED ONE BY USING A DIFFERENT WEIGHTED ENDCAP AND OVERTIGHTENED IT. IT TOO CRACKED BY THE RECEIVER . WERE THE GUNS NEW? IS IT POSSIBLE THE CRACKS WERE THERE OR POORLY REPAIRED AND YOU JUST NOTICED IT?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I offered you one for $55.00 shipped,or you can buy one here for $120.00 plus shipping.

http://www.gun-parts.com/remingtonstocks/

Greg

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Greg I know you did and I really appreciate it and might take you up on it but I don't want to keep buying forearms if they all crack, I was just looking for some insight on the problem. does anyone know if hairline cracks in the forearm if glued back together should be safe to shoot? Should you leave the cap 1 turn off tight?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Is your gun fitted with the Gas Cylinder Collar that seperates the forearm off the gas cylinder? This little sheetmetal part keeps the forearm off the receiver.

-Pat

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know. Inside the forearm there is a type of hard mesh attached to the forearm that looks like it is mean't to protect the forearm.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Pat was talking about part #43 on the schematic on the Brownells website. Its used on the Trap gun target barrels even though there is no gas valving like the regular 11-87 barrels. The piece is required for proper spacing of the forearm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.