Trapshooters Forum banner

1000 target review

1935 Views 16 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  SteveS1965
It has been 24 days since i shot my latest 1000 handicap targets. How much longer should I expect to wait for a review?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
what is a 1000 target review? updated averages?
Yes. In a way. But it is how yardage reductions are calculated. Sounds like somebody is in a big hurry to get reduced. Sandbagger?

· Registered
2,071 Posts
And once again I'll turn my reduction down.
You can be like me, and just tell them no reductions and then you don't have to worry about. I spent too much time and money to get were I am.

Reactions: big kahuna

· Registered
13,015 Posts
It has been 24 days since i shot my latest 1000 handicap targets. How much longer should I expect to wait for a review?
I know you may know this but did you shoot 500 singles this year. If not you won't get a reduction until you do. Also you may not be reduced if you have a certain high 16 Yd. average Just asking the question. --------Pg. 66 Par. 8. Only those shooters who have registered 500 or more singles targets in the current or previous target year will be reviewed. If a shooter has insufficient singles targets registered, his counter will be zeroed and he will be printed on the summary until sufficient singles targets are registered. At such time the most current 1,000 handicap targets will be used in the review. --- Also The following table is used to determine “relative 16 yard average”: 67 16 yard average shooter cannot be reduced below 97.0% or higher 24.0 yards 95.0% to 96.9% 22.0 yards 93.0% to 94.9% 20.0 yards

· Registered
2,614 Posts
There is a way to look to see when you were reviewed last and the number of targets since then. It shows a lot of information that is a little hard to find. V10 showed me how to do this a couple of years ago.

Go to Shootata.com and logon using your id and password. Then go to the shooter information center and pull up your information (only works for you or your approved buddies). Click on the word SELECT next to current year 2021 (or some other year for older info) and it will come up with a screen that shows your membership, name, ata number, and yardage. Right under that information it has a message that says "Click Here for a Printer Friendly Version" Once you click on that a different screen will come up with a lot of additional information including when you earned a yard, reduced a yard, or had a review or were coded for some reason for non-review.

· Registered
917 Posts
There is a way to look to see when you were reviewed last and the number of targets since then. It shows a lot of information that is a little hard to find. V10 showed me how to do this a couple of years ago.

Go to Shootata.com and logon using your id and password. Then go to the shooter information center and pull up your information (only works for you or your approved buddies). Click on the word SELECT next to current year 2021 (or some other year for older info) and it will come up with a screen that shows your membership, name, ata number, and yardage. Right under that information it has a message that says "Click Here for a Printer Friendly Version" Once you click on that a different screen will come up with a lot of additional information including when you earned a yard, reduced a yard, or had a review or were coded for some reason for non-review.
Thanks for sharing that. I looked myself up and it shows I had a review last August and my singles average was too high to be reduced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.