Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reached 100,000 reloads on my Spolar! Been using it for about 12-13 years and its a great machine but have learned much along the way with it.

Originally bought machine only and upgraded to hydraulics as well as the heavy duty maple table a couple years later.

Observations:

Hydraulics are powerful and you can screw things up in a hurry if not careful - if it jams, don't force it!
With hydraulics, best to use once/twice fired hulls as it runs much more smoothly. Tired hulls certainly work but seems to be quite a bit slower.
The seemingly benign wad fingers are extremely important in good operation (and quality reloads) in the machine.
Keep machine clean and, at least occasionally, check all the bolts, screws, etc for tightness. With hydraulics, things may break if loose.
A call to Spolar will almost certainly fix any problem you may encounter.

Looking forward to the next 100,000 - if I live that long.

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
With around 400,000 loads through mine please explain further how 5 plus times reloaded shells load slower than say once fired hulls . I have never experienced that yet and want to know what I should be on the look out for .I agree with the rest of your post . To prolong wad guide finger life take a pair of fingernail clippers and cut off 1/8th inch from each finger and you will get much longer life out of them .

·
2,747 Posts
Yeah, I have 207252 on mine and can't seem to find any difference in the speed or smoothness of reloading hulls no matter whether it is the first reloading or the tenth. Spolars are great machines.

Yours is almost broken in now, Eric.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts