Trapshooters Forum banner

10 lbs 12 ga shotgun

3551 Views 31 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  Soot Them All
Has anybody every heard , seen or know of any company past or present who made a 10 lbs plus 12 ga shotgun?
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
917 Posts
I had always been told or heard on this forum that weight was your friend. My starter / Frankenstein gun was a Beretta 686 that was 7 and change and had some kick to it. My next gun was a Perazzi MX2000 that came in at 8 and change and the difference between to guns was less than a pound. First time I shot that Perazzi I was like WOW so this is what a gun feels like that doesn't kick the crap out of you. Made a believer out of me. Now having said that if I was swinging a 10 pound gun around I might have to fit in some gym time.

· Premium Member
2,392 Posts
My DeVault Infinity is over 9.5 lbs. I have discovered that any trap gun weighing less than 8 lbs has more noticeable recoil. Winchester 101s kick because they weigh 7.5 lbs but an added 12 oz of weight with proper fit tames them.

· Registered
2,766 Posts
My 90-T with an 11 oz. reducer weighs 11 pounds. It has very heavy dense wood though, with an extended forearm.

Reactions: Leo

· Registered
6,257 Posts
I haven't weighed my Ljutic with Gra-Coil, by it is definitely more than my 1100 Competition is with 4 hulls full of shot in the mag tube, and that is just shy of 10#. That Anton stock on it is a heavy chunk of wood.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.