Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good 1 oz. wad to load in Federal Hulls . ALL I can find listed is Remington in 1 oz. Are there any others?

·
Registered
597 Posts
The Claybuster 2100-12 as above ^^
, or the Federal Brand 12S0. (Quite a bit more expensive than the clone though)
Regards , Pete

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OPPS! I didn't get the full thread posted SORRY! What I meant to ask is 1 oz. in a 20 Ga, federal hull. I looked a a few sites and the Remington was the only wad listed. Again sorry for some reason I didn't get the 20 Ga. wording typed in!

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
Ballistic Products has European wads that will work.

Now depending on powder choice, the SP20 will work. If you can find some no longer manufactured 2AA20F1's, they work nicely. If your going to load a fine powder, better find some 20S1's .

·
Banned
853 Posts
The PT2093, or the PT2094 from BPI (Ballistic Products Inc.) is what you want :

The description, and dimensions are here :

While not a 1-ounce payload, I did chrono test the PT2094 in the Federal Top Gun hull in 7/8th's ounce (with Maxam's CSB-1 powder), and they perform very well :

The PT2093 has a shotcup depth of .770", and the PT2094's shotcup is .740, so the PT2093 might be the better choice for 1-oz.

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ballistic Products has European wads that will work.

Now depending on powder choice, the SP20 will work. If you can find some no longer manufactured 2AA20F1's, they work nicely. If your going to load a fine powder, better find some 20S1's .
Martin, wish I find some of the old AA20F1s. I used up all I had a long time ago. The powder I have is HS-6. Hoping to work up a good 1 oz. load. Don't need it to be really fast, around the 1200 fps range. might go with this one
Hodgdon
Powder HS-6
Primer CCI 209M
Wad Rem. SP20
Maximum Load
Grains 22.5
Pressure 10,800 PSI
Velocity (ft/s) 1,220 --- Just not sure about how well the SP20 will seal in the Federal rule since the hull is straight wall.

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
Martin, wish I find some of the old AA20F1s. I used up all I had a long time ago. The powder I have is HS-6. Hoping to work up a good 1 oz. load. Don't need it to be really fast, around the 1200 fps range. might go with this one
Hodgdon
Powder HS-6
Primer CCI 209M
Wad Rem. SP20
Maximum Load
Grains 22.5
Pressure 10,800 PSI
Velocity (ft/s) 1,220 --- Just not sure about how well the SP20 will seal in the Federal rule since the hull is straight wall.
The SP20 has a relatively stiff base. Additionally your using a tapered wad in a straight wall case and with a ball powder. Its not good medicine in my option. You might get away with it in the warm months but your going to have varying velocities as that fine powder is going to crawl ride up the side of the wad. Load 5 and bounce them around, then cut them open. Everything else the same, switch to 800X for powder. It will be a full load though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts