Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm getting to the later stages in life, so are a lot of my friends. Unfortunately, I've lost more than a few shooting friends over the last few years, and have acquired quite a bit of "leftovers" from some of their family. With the powder shortage the way it is currently, it seems like a good time to use up some of the stuff I've had sitting on my shelves.

I'm looking for recipes for 12 gauge 1 oz. loads at 1235-1250 fps. and would appreciate any info you could give me on this using Remington Nitro/STS or AA hulls. I have no idea if this powder is applicable for this, but if it is, that would be great as I've got an unopened 4 lb. jug.

I've looked on the internet for data, but I haven't had much luck. That may be due to the fact that I'm not a very computer savvy person, but I've read where others also had problems getting info on Accurate powders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all who respond with useful info.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Great powder for 1 oz loads.Accurate powder was just bought by hodgen .Look to their web page for receipe They have older version powder and new style so you need to know which one you have.If you cant find it I will go out to my shop and find it for you.Mike

·
Registered
665 Posts
Well,you have to go Hodgdon powder. com . then reload data then shotgun. you need hull , primer and wad info.If you cant find it tell me what you have and I will look it up and have my wife take a picture in the morning and post it here.Mike

·
Registered
513 Posts
Do you have Nitro 100 or Nitro 100 NF (New Formula)?The new formula is actually hotter.I use a 1 oz.Lightning wad,Win.primer,Remington hull and 17.6 gr. New formula.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will take a look and see if it's Nitro 100 or Nitro 100 NF, but I'd be willing to bet it's the old Nitro as this jug has been sitting around for years.

Once again, thanks to all you guys!

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Registered
927 Posts
It was a fantastic pistol powder until they reformulated it. New powder had a specific label " Not for Handgun loads"

·
Registered
513 Posts
If its the old formula Nitro 100,it has more loads.NF has no 1 1/8oz. loads for Remington hulls.I have a loading book for the old powder,would be happy to send you a pic of pages via text if you want.Send your number by PM if you want.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I purchased 8 lbs. of the old Scott's Nitro 100 about a month ago. I called Accurate and they sent me a PDF File of the orginal data. It was exactly what I needed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
nitro100 nf I use 16.5 gr. downrange tgt wad 1oz cheddite 209 works grate that is very fast burn rate powder . smoke balls targets

·
Registered
360 Posts
It was a fantastic pistol powder until they reformulated it. New powder had a specific label " Not for Handgun loads"
Still a great pistol powder. If you go to the Accurate Powder web page, handgun load data you will find loads for
380 ACP, 9mm, 38 special, 45 ACP, 45 Colt low & high pressure.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
UPS dropped some off at the house yesterday - it was the only thing I could find.
IMG_0830.JPG

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Gary, looks good. 1 oz. or 7/8 oz?

I'm thinking about switching from E3 to Nitro 100NF for 7/8 oz. loads.
This is my last resort powder. Mid South had it available the other day. I have never used this before but as I looked at reloading data, it should be fine for my one once ounce singles loads as well as 1 1/8 ounce handicap.

In addition to some new shells and stuff I already have loaded, If I am unable to buy shells or primers till next year, this powder acquisition should see me thru till then. I just opened 8 pounds of Promo last night (left-over from the big powder crisis a few years ago). I still have some AA Super Handicap and most of a jug of Green Dot. So once I start using the Nitro 100, it won't be long till I am out of primers/shot/and wads as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts