Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a tried and true reload that duplicates the AA lite handicap load. Have tried several loads and they just don't haul the mail the way the factory ones do.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HMB- I doubt I could identify the powder. Likely proprietory and not available for reloading anyway.

BigM- Is that powder now available?

Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
By cutting one apart you can see what wad they are using, check the hardness of the shot, get the weight of the powder.

By getting the weight of the powder, you then check the reloading guides for a 1 oz load at the same velocity as the Lite Hcp load using all Win components.

A good place to start is the Handicap powder distributed by Hodgdon.

Jason

·
Banned
272 Posts
I too want an ounce handicap load I just loaded win. AA hulls - cheddite primers - cb1100-12 pink wads and 19.3 of winchester super handicap powder 1215 ft/sec and a pressure of 8041 it seems to shoot great , only have shot 100 so far these are my calculations on speed and pressure

·
Registered
54 Posts
I load 19.8 gr(mec 21) of Win AASH powder in a AAcf hull with a cheddite primer and a windjammer wad with 1.125 oz of west coast 7.5 and it chronographed 1225-1235, FWIW. They shoot softer than factory AA Super Handicaps and crush targets with my set up. From 26 BTW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts