Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Don't know.

However, I bought a couple bags of 8 1/2 shot, and loaded my 1 oz singles load with it. It pulverized the 16 yd targets. It was a great summertime load for me..

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen a few listed including B&P but everyone seems to be out of stock this
time of the year.
Yes ,I reloaded my own for years but have given it up.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Remie use to make'em..........Shot a 99 at Cardinal Center a while back.......Missing the 99th
target thru DUMBNESS AND STUPID SH$T..........was a nice shell for l6's

·
Registered
791 Posts
I load my own, also. 1oz 8.5 at 1175 FPS. Great for 16s and first doubles.
Also 1 1/16 oz 8.5s. They make the smoke. Shoot these for registered. Insurance policy.
George

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
You have to remember that European made shells shot runs smaller in size than American made sized shot. So #8 shot in a Rio shell is like our #8 1/2 shot. This should hold true on Nobel Sports and Clever shells as well, as they are both made in Europe and they are on the metric system. This trick works nicely for economy type shells, as these shells are not made in 8 1/2 sizes like American Premium made shells. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
18,661 Posts
You have to remember that European made shells shot runs smaller in size than American made sized shot. So #8 shot in a Rio shell is like our #8 1/2 shot. This should hold true on Nobel Sports and Clever shells as well, as they are both made in Europe and they are on the metric system. This trick works nicely for economy type shells, as these shells are not made in 8 1/2 sizes like American Premium made shells. break em all Jeff
Wrong.

Shot Size Chart

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
I'm not going by a chart. I'm going by cutting open shells and checking myself. I have done this several times just to see if it was just a off size lot. Now I have never checked Clever's, but I did check the Nobel Sports, but only once. I have checked the Rio's several times. It's true for the Rio's for sure. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
Not so. European 9-1/2's are the same as our 9's. At least, that's the way it was with the RC's, Clevers, and Fiocchi's I shot while in Africa.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Go to Ableammo.com and look for Bornaghi ammo.

They make great 1oz 8 1/2's.

One of the best shells you can shoot.

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
Jeff,

Reread my post. I'm saying metric 9-1/2 is the same as our 9. Opposite of what you said.

The pellets size was on the box. 9-1/2 RC's are 2.0 mm.

Same as our 9's.

And the RC 7-1/2's are 2.4 mm, same as our 7-1/2's.

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
Sorry Tim in my haste to highlight the section in my post about the size of shot can be different from what is marked on shells I erased the post. I've seen to many bags of shot made in Europe (eagle brand) that had smaller shot in them as well. I have seen 7 1/2 sized shot in bags that are marked #9's as well as #8's mixed in as well. Maybe I'm wrong and just opened shells that were the exception to the rule. I'll try to open a few more (its been a number of years since I have done this) when I have some time and see what I find. break em all Jeff

PS I don't have any Nobel Sport's or clever's at this time. But I'll check on the Rio's.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The last 2 years I have shot B & P 1 1/8 8 1/2's at 1260FPS. One of the best shells for shooting sporting clays.

The only problem now is that they are not available anymore.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I have seen a few listed including B&P but everyone seems to be out of stock this
time of the year.
Yes ,I reloaded my own for years but have given it up.
I just bought some 1oz #8 B&P a few weeks ago, online, from the dealer one does not name, the premier Shyster's
Not 8.5, #8, sorry

1 - 20 of 22 Posts