Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love shooting these loads at singles and seem to score much better than when I use 1oz loads. My question is how far back (caps) can this load be used? Does anyone use them from the 27?

·
Registered
107 Posts
yes I am a 27yrd shooter who uses this shell 8s and 7 1/2 work better Do not be coned into big shells stay as light as possible they will pattern better and less recoil

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
The more shot the better, don't be fooled a 100 is better than a 98 or a 99.

She always said more is better.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Vendor
20,004 Posts
The energy of a 1200+ pellet vs a 1145 pellet exceeds the math. Same for 7.5 vs an 8. Shoot heavy 7.5 beyond 24 yards.

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
Lite handicap will work just fine also...1200fps

One of the first $100,000 winners at the grand shot with 1145 fps 8's. So who do you listen too?

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
and yet the under barrel of my bunker gun, at .019" constriction, destroys 27 yard targets with an International load of 24g of US#8.

Tractorboy, your load will break any legal ATA trap target if you do your part. It will also work for Protection. Use it with confidence.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I think the trick is to use the same speed load whether or not the shot size is the same. I even doubt that a person can detect any difference between 1145 or 1225 . I believe you will do what you have to do to connect with the target. I have fooled around with 35 yard targets with 7/8 ounce of reclaim and smacked them pretty good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.