Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have you guys found for good loads for the newer Winchester HS hulls?
I would like to load 1150-1200 fps, using Winchester 209 primers, 700x powder(I have).

Thanks
Chad

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
19 grains Green Dot, Federal primer, Blue Duster works well and results in a good crimp also.. Larry

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Chad - Hodgdon has all the loading data you need on their website www.hodgdon.com. It is always a good idea to use published data as opposed to information from poeple you don't really know.

But you have the makings for some good ammo the only thing you didn't specify was the wad and I would recommend the Downrange XL blue for that. It substitutes for the WAA12 winchester wad. Your powder charge wt. will be about 16.5 g 700x for the 1,150 fps load and that is a great load that you will be happy with.

Now please go verify this info on the Hodgdon site.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
You may also want to consider the DRA 12 wad. I found it works great with the AAHS 12 ga. hull..... However I would consult Hodgdon concerning any substitution.

·
Registered
180 Posts
wolfram is right I use 16.7, I have for years ! same for 1 ounce too, I have an adjustable bar !

·
Registered
163 Posts
Chad

Those Winchester HS hulls with 700x & WAA12SL wad really crimp nice in my old 600jr with 1 ounce of shot using old Winchester single base wad hulls crimps are pretty deep, again find the exact formula in the reloading book or on line.

16.5 700x win primer, is 9000psi/1200fps in my reloading book pretty soft shooting too.
Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts