1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Zone shoot daily/event fee

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike31z, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike31z

mike31z Member

Could some one tell me were the fee structure for ATA Zone shoots is located. I looked in the ATA rulebook and can not find it, if I missed it were is it located?

Mike 31Z

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

mike31z I am not sure exactly what fees you are referring to. I do know that the association has daily shooting fees paid at every registered Zone or otherwise.

As per the current rulebook.

"B. PREPARATION AND PROGRAMS

1. An official written program for every shoot must be published or posted.
    (Note: the program may be handwritten or in email form). The program must,
    at a minimum, list all fees, events, options, trophies, penalty classification
    and handicap (if used) for the shoot. It is required that ATA shoot programs
    indicate the specific amount of fees collected on behalf of the ATA. ATA
    fees must be set apart from all other fees and charges made by shoot
    management and are to be escrowed for payment to ATA . Programs should
    be made available and/or sent to an up-to-date list of shooters.
    2. All shooters must be charged the same target and option fees. An
    exception may be made for special category shooters

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Bob Lawless

3. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

What Mike is referring to is the "Zone Fee" that is listed at $1.50 for the Central Zone SHoot. I was under the impression that this was an extra to the daily fee, however, it is actually $1.50/100 targets extra fee! That's almost like skeet shooting (bite my tongue) where they they charge a fee on each target plus the daily fees for the State and National Associations.
    As if shooting isn't expensvie enough... I am aware that this "fee" is supposed to cover the cost of the trophies that are supplied by the ATA but this has me kind of annoyed.

I am going to get a lot of complaints about this this weekend and I am only doing what I have to do as as far as running the shoot at Sauk Prairie.

Tim

4. mike31z

mike31z Member

Everybody correct so far but were are the amounts written. It states they must be published in the program but what is the original source of the $1.50 per hundred. It must be written some were?

Mike 31z

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.