1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Zoli...??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TOOT, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOOT

TOOT TS Member

Anyone have any exposure to the Antonio Zoil M85 trap combo?
    I know the Antonio Zoli factory is in the heart of the gun making area in Italy and they have made a variety of models on contract (Verona, Fiochhi etc), primarily for sporting clays and international games, but I never knew they once made an american trap (high rib) single and o/u combo.

2. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Toot, a friend of mine has two of the Zoli trap guns you are refering to. He bought his in the early 1990's. The Zolis were good guns but parts became difficult for him to get. I think he broke a firing pin or firing pin spring one day. He still has the guns if you are interested in buying them he might want to sell them. Hit 'em hard.

John Kirksey

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

TOOT,

My primary trap shooting gun is a Zoli Z-90 "Ritmo" trap gun. (Ritmo means rythm in Italian, for what that's worth.) Mine was made in 1988. Zoli stopped importing guns to the USA in 1995.

I think it's a great gun. I bought it to give doubles a try spring of this year, and as soon as I shot it, immediately it became my primary trap shooting gun for all trap games.

Specific to the M85, I am not at all familiar with that model, but I suggest you call Cole's in Maine and talk directly to Rich Cole. At one time they (Cole's) were the service center for Zoli in the USA. 1-800-650-COLE (2653)

Rich will answer e-mails, but his answers are usually "brief" and I think you'll get better answers if you talk to him directly.

The Verona LX980 is the same gun as Zoli's "Kronos" gun, which I believe is popular in Europe with the spoting clays crowd.

Zoli has a website. http://www.zoli.it

I have sent Zoli requests for information on several occasions, but have only received one reply, and that was to tell me to contact Cole's for parts and info.

What Rich Cole told me about my Z-90, is that it is on par with the Perazzi's and Kriegfhoff's, but a lot less costly, for what that's worth. One gunsmith's opinion.

Anyway, I'd call Rich, because he also said some of the older Zoli guns were not as good as the Z series. I do not know if that includes the M85 series or not.

Supposedly, Zoli is making plans to start importing to the USA again, though I haven't heard anything more about it for a while.

Tim Bruggeman

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

FYI, there's a Zoli Ritmo high rib unsingle on gunbroker.com Been there a while. I think it's because nobody is familiar with the name.

I'd bid on it if I had any money.

5. pjogrinc

pjogrinc TS Member

Just got one. Fell in love with it as soon as I through it up to my shoulder. It shoots perfect for me, but gun has problems. As I just bought it, it will go back for repair at the dealer I got it from or I'll get a refund as he is a straight shooter, no messing around. Gun would not consitently transfer from the bottom to the top barrel for doubles and doubled when I tried the top to bottom barrel. I cleaned and oiled the mechanism but it is late now and will try it again in the AM. If it still has problems, I'll call th edealler I got it from.

6. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Zoli has been importing the new "Z Sport" sporting, skeet and a field game guns now for over 1 1/2 years. When I last spoke to Steve Lamboy at Zoli the trap gun would possible be ready for import by Jan. 08. I have 2 Z Sport, 1 Z Extra and 4 game guns in stock, 3 20ga / 1 12ga. Call or e-mail me for info. Contact info at web site above.

Scott

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

pjogrinc

If you need service on a Zoli, contact Coles Gunsmithing in Maine. They're the US representative for service on Zoli's.

Talk to Rich Cole.

http://www.colegun.com

My Z-90 bears a striking resemblance to a Perazzi MX-8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
antonio zoli guns

antonio zoli shotgun models

antonio zoli trap guns
antoniozolitrapcomboshotgun
trap puska antonio zoli ritmo

zoli ritmo

zoli trap gun barrel blowout
zoli z-90