1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Zoli

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I've never heard of this brand until today but what is the general consensus on Zoli trap guns? How do they compare to Perazzi, Kreighoff, Kolar, etc.?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Steve Lamboy, of Ithaca Classic Doubles fame, is the importer, in Canandaigua. I don't believe they are in the same class as a Kolar, Krieghoff, or Perazzi. MAYBE in the same class as a 682, Citori, or Guerini.

Verona imported them as the 980 a few years ago, and IIRC retail was around $2500. When Verona went belly up, they were blowing them out for 1400 or 1500. Then Zoli USA started importing basically the same gun, with superficial changes (Z Gun), and charged about double what Verona was for the 980.

3. dhip

dhip Active Member

Antonio Zoli's are the better ones,have heard stay away from others

Doug H.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Rich,

Zoli is a reputable gun maker, based in Brescia, Italy in the same neighborhood as Perazzi and Beretta. I understand they make barrels for a number of other manufacturers.

I have two older ones, a 1984 and a 1988, both the "Ritmo" model. I like them. Very reminiscent, styling-wise, of an MX-8. They are a little barrel-heavy.

A guy at our club who is a good sporting clays shooter has a new Z-Gun and absolutely raves about it. It has a drop-out trigger group, and titanium plated hammers, sears, etc. The barrels are lighter than mine, and it handles very nicely.

I have communicated with Stephen Lamboy, and they are working on developing an American Trap combo. Here is what he said last month:

<i>"Progress is being made and we may have a gun before the Grand. As you know, all major makers have introduced high rib sporters and new trap combos. All have adjustable ribs. Our new system will take advantage of their successes and problems.

Stay tuned for more news near the beginning of 2nd quarter. We may be the last one in the pool but I believe Zoli is on the correct path."</i>

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Antonio Zoli is the quality gun. Angelo Zoli is the "other" brand.

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Saw a new model Antonio Zoli in the possession of one very proud owner, Mr. Johnny Cantu, Editor of Shotgun Sports Magazine. The new Antonio Zoli's are beautiful and high quality. I believe Mr. Cantu's gun was a sporting clays model.

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

they are coming out with a mechanical trigger for the Z gun....

they are good guns, just suffer from bad marketing in an already saturated gun market,

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

With Italian shotguns it's always an issue of who makes what for whom.
    I saw the first Verona shotguns that were distributed by PMC in Boulder, NV about 12 years ago. They were an acceptable gun for the price, but if you ever broke one -good luck.
    The Zoli Z-gun appears to be a much better made gun with better support.
    It was used by Brad Kidd a couple months ago to win the National Sporting Clays championship in San Antonio, TX. Ashleigh Hafley, shooting the same gun,
    tied for the womans' championship, but lost the shootoff.

9. MACH4RANDY

MACH4RANDY Member

Be aware there was as mentioned earlier in the thread more than one Zoli manufacturer. Antonio Zoli, Anthony Zoli, and A. Zoli. Know what you are buying there is info on the web.they have different opinions on what is a quality gun. Don't get the crap.

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

The only other Zoli I am aware of is Angelo Zoli. No longer in business, I believe.

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I had a beautiful Antonio Zoli trap unsingle when I was still very green..couldn't hit anything because it shot 80%...wish I would of kept it now because I'm totally a high gun shooter 90%+..it was a great gun but traded it with cash for a Rottweil combo..loved that one too but just couldnt afford to keep them all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
angelo zoli fighter shotgun

angelo zoli shotgun review

angelo zoli trap
anthony zoli
steve lamboy ithaca classic doubles
zoli
zoli kreighoff imported gun
zolishotgunforums