1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Zoli question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AAtrap, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Is anyone familiar with a Zoli trap mod. can't remember if it was a 280 or 800 series gun. This is an O/U with adjustable comb. Looks a lot like the Z-90. Thanks in advance for any input. Steve

2. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Steve ,

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question but if you are considering a Zoli Trap Piece , I have a 34" Verona MonoTrap that has only been test fired . It IS nice .

Charlie Neal
    Mobile , AL

3. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Charlie, thanks for the reply,but the reason I was asking, is,that I saw this gun in a local shop the other day and they were asking 600 for it. Just wondering if that was reasonable or not.

Thanks again,
    Steve

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Steve, they use to be ahrd to get parts for. In fact, they were non existent...

If I truly had by some mysterious reason, fallen in love with this gun, I would try to buy it for $500 tops.

5. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Thanks, Martin. That pretty much answers my question. Don't believe I'm even close to being that much in love with it. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Steve

6. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Zoli's are very nice guns, and Coles in Maine is a big distributor of Zoli. They would have any parts and can perform any repairs. $600 might be a very good deal for that gun. I would do some more research. Good luck.

LA

7. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info,Porcupine.

Steve

8. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Steve: I'm far from an expert on the "Zoli" guns. However, if I am not mistaken, the guns manufactured by Antonio Zoli are quality guns. The guns made by Angelo Zoli were a much cheaper grade of gun and I believe they are out of business. I'm guessing the gun you are interested in is an Angelo Zoli gun. I would be kind of careful and investigate this if you are still interested in purchasing it. Ed

9. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Ed, I think you are right about the two Zolis and their quality, but this one does have Antonio inscribed on the bbls. I think some just had A Zoli, which could be misleading as to the maker. I am going to try to do some more checking on it today if it's still there? Steve

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If memeory serves me correctly....when the Angelo Zolis first came out (late 70's?) they had a habit of occasionally doubling. OK on Singles and Handicaps...but an unpleasant surprise when shooting Doubles!

They were gorgeous guns, but everyone that I knew got rid of them after shooting doubles.

11. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Did a little more checking. This is what I have. 30in Mod. 208 trap,fixed chokes, adjustable comb, palm swell and Terminator pad. non-adjustable trigger for lop . Stamped on the bbls--Gardone V.T Fiocchi of America,Springfield Mo. Is it possible that Fiocchi is importing these guns????

Thanks,

Steve

12. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

"Is it possible that Fiocchi is importing these guns????"

No. Not for quite some time.

Before you do this, call Cole's in Maine to find out if they have repair parts.

I have a newer (circa 80's) Zoli "Ritmo".

Absolutely love the gun, but parts are getting hard to come by.

13. jimx200

jimx200 Member

I had two of the Antonio Ritmo's (sold one to someone on TS.com) that I bought from a retired distributor in 1990. They had 32" barrels and fixed choked full/im. mod. Excellent gun, never any problems, and shot about a 80/20 high pattern with a high M/C stock. Came in a nice Zoli hard case. These were inported by Fiocchi. Parts can be obtained from Batchlders Master Gunsmiths in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Absolutely solid guns.

14. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

jimx200

Thanks for the tip.

Last I checked, Cole's did not have hammer springs for my Ritmo last time I wanted to replace them.

I did find some that would fit from Wolff springs, but I had to cut them to get them to fit.

Luckily, my Zoli uses the same firing pin arrangement as their new Z-guns, so those parts will be available for a while.

Will have to give Batchelders a try if I need any parts that Cole's doesn't have.

15. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Thanks Tim and Jim. Jim, any idea what these sold for new and what would be a reasonable price for one in approx 95% condition (without case) would be?

Thanks,
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what zoli shotgun do i have