1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Zip Eaton Shoot-Helena, Mt.

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Scott Johnson, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

The Helena Trap Club put on a great shoot with their 3 day Labor day weekend "Zip Eaton" handicap shoot. As some may know Zip Eaton was one of 5 men to shoot the 1st 500 squad at the grand, along with Herman Peterson (also from Mondamtana)Dan Orlich, Bill Harrison, Maynard Henry. So you can see why the Helena Trap club honors Mr. Zip Eaton with a shoot. Anyway, the shoot ran smoothly, the targets were good, high scores were shot, but best of all it was a great time to see lots of good people. As Montana's 2012 Doubles state champ said yesterday "the best part is coming and seeing the people" lots of good friendships formed at trap clubs. Thanks Helena trap club for the nice shoot. Scott

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Scott, you forgot to mention the 98 in the Caps that you shot. I still don't understand not shooting off. Oh, well maybe I do.

Nice shooting "boy"!

Rick in MT

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

And Rick forgot to mention the 97 in Caps that he shot. Congrats to 15 year old Tracer for his 99 in the Sunday Caps. Thanks for putting on a really good shoot.

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'd love to get down to that shoot some day. I had the honor of shooting doubles with Zip and his wired together Browning Superposed on my squad at the '92 MT State Shoot at Helena. I broke a 96 in that 30-20-30-20 format, won the out of state class prize and Zip paid me the compliment of saying he thought I was a pretty good doubles shooter. I will treasure that moment and his kind words forever.

Ron Burr

5. Hawgduo

Hawgduo Member

I'm the proud dad of Tracer, he had a great day. I tried to get a 1/2 yard punch to stay ahead of him and couldn't get it done so we are both at the 24 1/2 for next year. We had a great time in Helena like always and can't wait to go back for the best targets and club in Montana. We also can't wait to see all our friends like Mike,Scott, and Rick next year. Winter well gents.

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Great shooting guys!! Scott, a 98 is dandy shooting from the fence buddy and congratulations!!

HAP

Search tags for this page
zip eaton helena montana

zip eaton helena mt