1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ZIMMERMAN guilty, not guilty ,Hung jury?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smsnyder, Jul 9, 2013.

1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What do you think?

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

He is NOT guilty of 2nd degree murder.

3. avery53

avery53 Member

NOT GUILTY with the evidence presented.

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Should have been called a miss trial by the third day!!

It is a mess trial for sure!!!

5. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

Never should have gone to trial in the first place.

Sanford police got it right the first time.

6. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

timberfaller-

Not a mistrial, because that just means the State gets to try him again.

For those who think there was not enough evidence to charge and go to trial, the Judge in this case, who, frankly, surprised me with her fairness to both sides, found, in the Motion for Judgment of Acquittal (some States call it a Directed Verdict) that there was enough evidence for the charge of Murder in the Second Degree to go to the Jury.

At the end of the Defense case, they can (and will) again ask for a Judgment of Acquittal.

Bob

7. James344

James344 Active Member

It blows my mind that all the photographs the media will show have Zimmerman with a goatee and looking like a thug, while they'll only show Trayvon as a 12 year old boy. The media is definitely trying to swing this in favor of gun control.

At any rate, he is Not Guilty.

8. JRW

JRW Member

The RACE card says guilty.

9. straightshooter1

What race card?

The Prosecution has not tried to say he profiled Martin because of race and the last Defense witness today, a black lady, who knew Zimmerman, testifed his nose was disfigured at the scene, was so worried about Zimmerman's wife, she went to his home to check on her and then testified she believed the voice on the disputed 911 call (calling for help) was Zimmerman's, pretty much took any lingering racial issue out of the trial. It was clear that she, as a black woman, liked Zimmerman and his wife. No one who saw that could miss the message the Defense presented with her as their witness.

Now, of course, there will be those outside the courtroom, not involved in the process, who, in the event of an acquittal or a conviction, will suggest race played some part. But watching the trial pretty much shows that it is not dealing with either person's race.

Bob

10. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

So does Bob the boozo Beckel!!!

That in and of its self, tells me he is more likely "not guilty"

11. Avatar

Are the bookies in Vegas giving odds on this one?

12. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Bob..buddy...are you serious...or was your post one of those sarcastic "tongue-in-cheek" messages we see now and then, but fail to "get".
    If the first news guy to hear this story down at the cop shop had turned to his colleagues and said "Some Hispanic guy just shot a Black guy over in Sanford"...you would NEVER have heard of this incident.
    Zimmerman is being forced to pay a huge price for being half-white. He is half-hispanic. If he looked like the Frito-Bandito...he'd have remained free after the initial investigation let him go. Sadly for him, despite his actual ethnicity, his name is GEORGE ZIMMERMAN...not Jose Feliz Hector Rodriguez and he has enough anglo blood in him to look "white".
    This "CASE"(if you can call it that)...is ALL about race, nothing else.

13. straightshooter1

I suspect you haven't watched the trial, Don. And, perhaps you didn't under stand what I posted was in reply to a post above mine which "The RACE CARD says guilty."

If you'd done either, then you would have understood that no race card has been played (so far) in the trial. And that race will not (at least so far) have anything to do with the verdict since the jury is sequestered and has never heard any racial stuff at all in this trial.

And, you might even understand what I said about the Defense taking any lingering thoughts that might have been in the mind of one or more of the jurors by calling that last witness on Tuesday.

I never said, or suggested race had nothing to do with bringing the charges in the first place.

Bob

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I beg to differ. If you watched T's sister with the "creepy ass cracker" remark and failed to see the race card fluttering in the breeze you need help.

And she didn't think that remark was racial. Give me a break.

HM

15. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

I've been tuning in to the trial from time to time and it seems to me that there is enough "reasonable doubt" associated with both sides cases. If the jury deliberates as a non-biased body then a "not guilty" verdict should be handed down.
    Chuck

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

One thing you can count on, "You never know what a jury is going to do".

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Hung jury.

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

This is a great question, the answer is quite simple ...If you are white, Zimmerman is innocent, if you are black he is guilty, if you are Obama you wish you had a son that looked just like Trayvon ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. straightshooter1

Halfmile:

I think we must be talking about two different things. Some posters here think that Zimmerman has been subjected to the "race card." And, I'm sure if there was a viable way to make such a claim, the Prosecutors would have used it. And, if there was a viable way, such as a witness or some evidence, then they'd be right to do so. But, there hasn't been any.

But, that hasn't happened and the statement by his girlfriend about the creepy cracker was Martin's statement, sure doesn't hurt Zimmerman.

What I am saying is that many folks might think Zimmerman is still a hater of blacks, but calling that old, black woman and her testimony took that away. That's a good thing for Zimmerman if there are any of the ladies on the Jury who might have such thoughts.

She was such a good witness, obviously knowing and liking Zimmerman (plus the facts that she corroborated the broken nose and ID'd the voice as Zimmerman's) and it's hard to believe SHE, again a black lady, believed Zimmerman to be a racist.

No one is saying that there is no racial component to the case. From Obama to Jackson to the City Manager and the News Organizations, certainly there's a racial component.

But, in the trial, where it counts, Zimmerman has not been the subject of a racist allegation-no witness, no testimony, no evidence.

Bob

20. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

The race card may not be necessarily in play in court at the moment but fear of racial riots will play into the verdict. Also the lone African- American may be the only one to vote guilty in fear of retaliation from the Black community.

The lawyer for Trayvon's family said that sometimes young people say things without thinking but meant no harm in response to the creepy ass cracker remark. What do you suppose he would have said if Zimmerman had made a similar remark about Blacks?

Search tags for this page
content

hung hury 2 guilty 4 not guilty