1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Yuk factor...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Uh-Oh, if this happens we're going to need to find a new way to piss off PITA members. Maybe they'll start standing up for vegetables and I can bite my tomatoes while they're still live on the plant.

-Gary

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Grow a "T-Bone" Do ya think it will be less than $6.99 a lb?

3. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Hey Gary! I belong to PITA and I love steak, thank you very much. I think the folk you want to piss off belong to PETA...

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm a fruitopian. I only eat fruit and vegetables that have fallen to the ground. I don't believe in heartlessly ripping their bodies from the mother plant, causing who know what kind of undue pain and anquish.

5. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

Soylent Green!

Hank Cross

6. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I don't know how this is news. Human tissue has been cultured for many years now, so why not other species?
    Human tissue is required for virus testing, as viruses can't live long off human tissue. The tissue was required to be cultured in a sterile environment, put in the test kit, then packed and shipped, stored until needed , and still remain viable at test time. Dr. Myron Wentz perfected this years ago at Gull Laboratories, which allows easy testing for viruses today.
    Scientifically speaking, it is a relatively simple procedure. Now what is needed is to ramp up the system to culture viable amounts of tissue from other, commonly ingested, species. After that happens, the hard part will be convincing us that it is just as edible as the more usual meats we eat. I would love to have a nickel from every dollar spent on THAT ad campaign!

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I believe Applebee's sells that stuff already. Had one of their "steaks" a few years ago and it was like the thing had been made in a hydraulic press.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.