1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Youth with reloaders from the reloader program

Discussion in 'Youth Trapshooting Section' started by joe kuhn, Feb 10, 2017.

1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Here's the first young man to receive a rebuilt reloader for 2017. Two of his brothers and their dad all shoot. Thanks to the generosity of you all they now have two Grabbers to keep up with the need. The hulls were donated as well.

[​IMG]

More pictures to come.

ganger, OldGoat and cmccoy76 thanked this.
  2. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Joe, I appreciate you posting the picture. Is in nice to see the young guys working with their hands.

For those of you who do not know, Joe works his tail off rebuilding these reloaders for this program, Thanks Joe

joe kuhn thanked this.
  3. DC Claygunner

DC Claygunner Member

Thanks Joe. Mac1 and I both got a couple reloading machines from you and we gave it to our Kids. They are very happy that they are learning how to reload. Barry

4. joe kuhn

I remember that Barry. You guys made it easy for me because you fix them up too. Thanks for the note.

Joe

5. Stephen Benson

Stephen Benson Member

Joe, where are you located? I have three older MEC's, 2 jrs and 1 progressive. I have never used any of them, someone gave them to me. I have no need for them.

6. joe kuhn

Very generous donation! Thanks. PM sent.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  7. Stephen Benson

Stephen Benson Member

I cleaned them up several years ago, but they have been sitting in my shop for the last 8 years. I'm not sure if they would be fully functional with cleaning, but they could be refurbed to do the job. We can't use reloads any more for 4H or High School League in MN. I will look at your PM and get back to you tomorrow. Thanks Joe.

8. joe kuhn

Tylor here will receive a 20 ga Jr donated by HappyShooter. Tylor is working with his dad's 650 in the picture.

[​IMG]

davek8s and George MT. thanked this.
  9. two shoes

two shoes Member

Joe, this is an amazing program you have going. When we have looked into reloading ourselves with the prices we would pay, it would take a lot of boxes of ammo to make up for the price of the loader. Not only are you taking this part out, you are allowing kids to learn a new skill and hobby unto itself. Thank you for all you are doing for our youth!

George MT. thanked this.
  10. joe kuhn

Thanks for your note. I hadn't thought of it in terms of initial cost, but you are right. New machines are expensive. And the new skill is great. I try to foster that at home with my own son.

The amazing part to me is the generosity of trapshooters who will box up and send off donations for free without even knowing the youth who will receive their gift.

Personally, I do it for 2 reasons:

1. The pictures of the youth are very rewarding...

2. I get to learn new stuff about these reloaders all the time. I try to share that in my build threads in the reloading forum.

Let's see...what's next? This weekend I will try sandblasting again.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017 at 11:46 AM
    tmitom and George MT. thanked this.
  11. davek8s

davek8s Member

Joe, thanks for putting together this program and for offering up the press for Tyler and thank you HappyShooter for donating the press. He's really going to be blown away when he finds out.

Tyler's been helping me reload for almost 3 years. He started out by handing me components while I reloaded. Eventually he got to de-prime and resize for me. Now I supervise him while he loads 223, 9mm, 45acp, and 12 ga. Even though he only shoots 223, he likes making the ammo that I shoot.

Every since I bought Tyler his Weatherby SA-08 he's been asking me about 20 ga components and asking me to explain how to understand load data in the Lyman manual. I'm really looking forward to him having his own press to make ammo that he's going to shoot in a gun that's just for him.

12. joe kuhn

Understanding, study, self interest are great things to support in the young shooters. It's very worthy of support shown here. Thanks for your note.

Joe

two shoes and George MT. thanked this.
  13. joe kuhn

Dave, HappyShooter's Jr is in great shape, so I'll look for some smaller bushings and get it out to you today. You will need a couple of bottles, but that's it.

14. joe kuhn

From other sources: 1 oz 302 bar to go with the 7/8. Bushings: 24, 26.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017 at 7:37 PM
  15. davek8s

davek8s Member

I can't say thanks enough to Joe and the others who donated this equipment . Tyler is going to be blown away when it arrives.

16. joe kuhn

You're welcome. It's great to see the enthusiasm in such young shooters.

17. cmccoy76

cmccoy76 Active Member

Joe has helped us a ton! So far we have probably reloaded 2000 shells since the guys at trapshooters set us up through donated loaders and money for parts. Is long as I can keep them in components, they keep cranking them out. They also appreciate getting to shoot more when they see the work that goes into it.

George MT. and joe kuhn thanked this.
  18. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

I have messaged with Joe just a bit about his reloader-program before we put this section up and Im glad to see that the great program he has going is getting alittle light shined on it. Thanks Joe.

joe kuhn thanked this.
  19. joe kuhn

You may need to adjust it some. I don't load 20 ga, so I didn't check it at all. Your son can find the manual on line or ask for help here and we'll get you going.