1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

youth trap teams benefit raffle

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by plinker611, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plinker611

plinker611 Member

This year starts my 3rd year as trap chair/board member for Edwardsburg Conservation Club, Edwardsburg, Michigan. Est. 1946. Last winter i decided that if the trap department was going to accomplish anything,it would be to invest in our future, our youth. The clubs last youth program was 1986. So a hand full of interested trap shooters, members, parents, and i started pushing for the program, and with the clubs blessing we started in March of 2009. We finished 2009 with 12 youth trap shooters. I saw 30-40 youth throughout the year, but i was lucky to have 12 kids ages 8-18 stick with the sport and with every membership meeting we see a potential for new youth shooters. Hopefully 2010 we will have 3 squads.

Last year we raised over $5000 .($3000 NRA youth shooting sports grant, thank you NRA). We were able to purchase ammo, guns for the smaller kids, paid ATA memberships & entry fees for the Michigan state shoot and our MUCC District shoot. The 11 kids that shot state had a blast. That was the hook. Our club is a small club, 2 trap houses, so we only went through 10 skids of targets last year, and the kids used over 5 skids, all donated by the club. I found the key to keep these kids in the game(economy is tough out there) is to keep it free.

We are hosting the spring benefit for the youth trap teams. A benefit raffle. It is a draw down raffle with only 250 tickets sold at $30.00 per ticket. There will be 10-$50 winners intermittently. At the half way point will be a $500 winner, and the last ticket in the drum will be a $1000 winner. We have a group of volunteers out soliciting local businesses for extra give aways. Your ticket will also include all you can eat rib tips & chicken, side dishes, keg beer, and soft drinks. We will also have raffle board, 50/50's, and other fun. We have a DJ lined up for dancing after the drawing, and the best of all this is taking place valentine weekend, Saturday, Feb 13th, 2010. It will be a fun evening with your valentine. We will be selling entry tickets at the door for food & drink only for $15. Any questions send me a p.m. Hope this works out well for the kids. I sure would like to see them shoot 10 skids of targets this year. Mark Jones
    p.s. winner need not be present to win

2. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Mark please email me so I can purchase a ticket thanks Don

3. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Upity up for a great club!

Matt Krizinski

4. plinker611

plinker611 Member

ttt,we are also looking for donations to auction off at the end of the nite,any donations would be greatly appreciated,all proceeds will keep the kids shooting ,,were hoping for a great 2010,,mark jones, p.s pullbangloss,i have your ticket #1 saved!!!!

5. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Funds on the way!Up for plinker!

6. plinker611

plinker611 Member

don,thanks for your support,the kids are worth every penny,we still have tickets available for a chance to win$$$ and help out a great program,mark jones

7. plinker611

plinker611 Member

tickets are still available,you can make checks payable to edwardsburg conservation club,put in memo youth trap raffle,mail to mark jones,114 west 13th,mishawaka,in.46544,thanks,mark

8. t-bar

t-bar Member

up for the kids

9. pullbangloss

Mark,

I'm sure we'll see you at the Meat Shoot.

Matt Krizinski

10. pullbangloss

Mark,

The old man needs three more tickets. We'll probably see you at the meat shoot.

Matt

11. plinker611

plinker611 Member

great matt, i need to sell another 100 tickets to help all 12 kids shoot their 1000 ea. reg. targets& shells at howard twp.(cant count the targets from our 2 unoffcial trap houses),other wise they will carry a 20 yd hdcp.not good when my jrs 16 yd. av. is around 20-21,and sub jrs. shooting youth870's in 20 ga are running around 15 target av., tell rick i said thank you,mark P.S.Winner does not have to be present to win!!!

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I lived in Ft Wayne for many years and made many a trip to this club to shoot games and Calcuttas before I moved away in 1990. It is a great club. Mark - please PM me an address so I can send money for a ticket
    Lou m
    Pres
    Melba Gun Club
    Idaho

13. plinker611

plinker611 Member

thank you lou,we are looking foward to keeping this program going,p.m.has been sent,one week left to sell tickets here on trap shooters.mark jones

14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I just sent you $30 for two tickets. I hope the kids have fun

15. plinker611

plinker611 Member

cuban cigar,the ticket cost is $30per ticket,when funds arrive ill fill out your stub,thank you for supporting the youth trap program,mark jones

16. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Up for Mark and a good cause.Lets keep trapshootings future bright! Support the kids in the shooing sports!How many sold from this site so far Mark?

17. plinker611

plinker611 Member

ks5shooter, so far two tickets sold, over 1000 looks,here on trap shooters.com to support a great youth trap program,yours and cubancigar's,10 days left to sell tickets, 6 days left to sell here,thank you for your support of the kids,mark jones ... p.s. we are stuck at 150 tickets sold,but we do have enough to cover cash prizes,food and bevrages,hope the "games" make enough to cover some shells.

18. plinker611

plinker611 Member

ttt,last week to get your tickets,mark

19. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

UP!!This is a shame only 2 tix sold from this site!!These kids are our sports future,c'mon show some support!!

20. plinker611

plinker611 Member

ks5shooter,i did sell one moore ticket yesterday,so were up to 3,times are tough out there, its been a tough sell in the clubs back yd also,our areas un employment is running close to 15%,and money is tight,we have sold enough to hold the event and cover prizes&costs,so thats a plus,hope the door food tickets&boards,and games work out ok,im just happy were not going in the red,and have a good feeling things will work out.the best thing i got out of this is the other clubs that contacted me to find out what can be done with stuff like this,and the nra grants,to start new youth programs,or help their existing programs.mark jones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.