1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

youth trap gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hangn7, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hangn7

hangn7 TS Member

To all, need your help with finding a youth trap gun, grandson 10 yoa, 90 pounds, 57" tall, single shot or semi auto, please be mindful of recoil. All sugestion will be appreciated.Thanks Mark

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Recoil is best managed by a gun that fits and shotshell selection. By far the most adjustable new gun right out of the box is the beretta 3901RL reduced lenght semi auto. If its for trap only. A BT99 micro is a good choice. Both guns have room to grow and will stay with you for a long time. I started my wife off with a 870 exspress 12GA 28" barrel. Mod choke. With a tie on comb from a riffle I have. I then bought a youth synthetic stock. For shells I used STS managed recoil loads and or AA feather lights. These are both soft shooting. After she started shooting well and had intrest. I up graded to a browning gold sporting with a Wenig New American Trap stock. She now shoots any shell I give her.

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Beretta 3901 Target RL. 12 ga., 28" barrel, IC choke tube, adj comb, 12" LOP with two 1/2" spacers to increase LOP as shooter grows. NIB $850.00 Photo on web site.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

If I where to do it again 3901 would be my choice.

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I just got in a BT-99 Micro Plus-32"-about 98% condition, $1,500. This is your best choice!!

6. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I have a BT 99 with 2 barrels. I sent one barrel to Briley's and had a lot of custom work done. It is 29 and 5/8 inches long with forcing cones, backbored, ported, and extended choke tubes, and of course the barrel was given a new bead. The other barrel is a 32 inch barrel with porting. My boy used it when he was smaller. I also had a new stock put on the gun ( forend is original). I have over $2,000.00 in the gun. It also has a Browning case that is worn to go with it. It is a great shooting gun. I would be willing to part with it for $1,700.00. The shorter barrel is a great starter and with almost $900 dollars of work on it, it shoots very soft. I have used it to teach ladies to shoot because it is light and gentle. If you are interested, email me at
    cab4trap AT insightbb.com . The short barrel comes with several choke tubes and can be shot on skeet range , trap range, or on doves.

Charlie

7. missemucho

missemucho Member

Search your local pawnshops for a decent 1100; you can usually find them for around $300. Then either cut the stock to fit or buy one of the Ramline youth stocks for around $60. Great gun for any beginner, and you'll notice that not many people make a living selling "recoil reducing" items for 1100's (unlike their "B gun" competitor).
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

youth trap gun