1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Youth Shooting Rates

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Stuart, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart

Stuart Member

I need some information. Can you tell me what your Gun Club charges for youth practice rounds and for Registered Trap. I'm having problems convincing the Director of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources they don't need to pay the Adult Rate. Thanks for your help.
    Stu Wright

2. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

$2 for practice. Im not sure about the registered rounds. We normally charge $3 for member and $4 non-member practice. Our registered fees are $16 per 100+ daily ATA/State fees.

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Some posters on this board are dead against it. Several clubs I shoot at give five 40% to 50% practice discounts. One club has a member rate of $5 and charges the kids $2. Have no idea on registered trap.

4. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

$4.00 for youth shooters, whether they are members or not, compared to $5.50 for adult members or $7.50 for nonmembers.

As a coach, a shooter and a mum of three trapshooters, I believe reduced prices for youth shooters are really important and a good practice for a gun club looking to grow our sport. At our State Shoot, the Minnesota Trapshooting Association supports half-price targets for youth shooters (trophies only), again another great way to support youth and keep kids participating.

5. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

We charge the kids $2 per round. We also let them work around the club, loading houses, mowing, etc and they shoot for free. Besides that, most of the adults give them no longer wanted items!

6. BD457

BD457 Member

Project 2000 shooting range San Diego

$5.25 for youth members practice NO REGISTERED TARGETS THROWN :(

Mike

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Our youth team members shoot free practice targets with free shells compliments of the Friends of the NRA. Non youth team members shoot 10 cent practice targets and use their own shells. Registered targets are $10.00 per 100 for all youth shooters plus fees.

8. plinker611

plinker611 Member

we find that if we let the youth shoot for $2/round then dad shoots just as many rounds for $3.50/round,good bonding,were selling targets(and we do make .40 cents/round off the kids),and we make it afforaable to let our future shoot.mark,edwardsburg c.c.,edwardsburg mi.

9. Trail

Trail Active Member

$3.00 for both League and practice. I'm pushing to drop it to $2.00. I think we should break even on the birds for kids. Call it an investment....plus, as already mentioned, Jr. usually brings dad.

Trail

10. Danny870

Danny870 Member

Md $9.00 Tri state $9.00 Hartofmd $9.00 ATA

11. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

Practice is $2.00 at most clubs in the area. Registered bird are half priced $16.50 per hundred last year. This year I think the Ata fees went up a little.

12. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

$2.00 for youth, member or not.
    Regular rates $3.50 and $4.50

Bill

13. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Howell Gun Club Howell, MI $2.00 youth practice member or non. Registered targets are shot at half the adult price.

JK

14. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Our member price for practice is $4 and we let students shoot for $2.50, which just covers the cost of our targets. They pay the same price as everyone else, when they play games. Mark

15. Stuart

Stuart Member

16. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Our kids teams shoot at two different clubs. One club lets them shoot at cost and the other has donated all the targets for the youth program when at their club shooting.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.