1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Youth shooters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Buddy, there is money available from the MTA for the kids. You can call the secretary, JoAnna Hughes. Her contact info is on the website above.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

At the Delaware State Shoot this year we'll have approx. 36 trophies just for the youth's.

Curt

3. laura!

laura! Member

My son shoots with the Mt Airy Sharpshooters which is at the Mt Airy Izaak Walton just inside Frederick Co. MD. The program is packed with kids. They just started an SCTP team over the line in PA last year - the Mason Dixon Claybusters. They got quite a number of kids for their 1st year and are growing fast. There are obviously plenty of kids out there that would love to shoot trap if given the opportunity. SCTP is a worthy cause & if you can't donate time, it's worth donating money to.

4. Trapgurl64

Trapgurl64 TS Member

Kern County Gun Club in Bakersfield, California started their youth program with the SCTP this year. We have a little over 80 kids that have signed up. We get new kids each month, and 40 to 50 that show up for every practice. On March 2, we are having our 1st skeet and trap shoot. Most of our kids had never shot a gun before and are learning trap, skeet and sporting clays. If you have time that you can donate to a youth program in your area I strongly recommend it, it is a wonderful site to see the look on the kids faces or that high five they give each other when they blow up a target! Its priceless, I also recommend to any one that can donate to donate to your local youth program it is a worthy cause, these kids are our future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyndi Benson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.