1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Youth/ladies shooter Chime in on what works for yo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Lets here from the youth and ladies about what guns out of the box and modified are working well for them!

2. BabyB

BabyB TS Member

I started out with a Beretta 390 had the stock shorten and loved the gun, then went to a Beretta 682 combo set with 28" u/o barrels and 32" top single, had the stock angle cut and added an adjustable comb and butt. I can shoot the gun all day without any problems.

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I'm not a youth or a lady but I do know a few. When I bought a BT99 pigeon grade, my wife stole my 1100 tournament trap. She did not want to change anything and insisted that it not be altered. Later I picked up another gun and she stole my pigeon grade and our oldest son stole the 1100. Again, neither of them would allow any alterations to the gun. I bought a barrel with tubes for the 1100. The son tried that for 1 box and went back to the fixed choke. That has been 20 years ago now and both guns are still used and unmodified. My younger son, on the other hand wanted to try every new gizmo to come down the pike. Always messing with something on his 303.

The moral of the story is if they think it works for them, it probably does.

Good luck.

Bob

4. laura!

laura! Member

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

A perazzi TM-1 with a Gold Precision release trigger and a RAD recoil reducer.

A K-32 with a Krieghoff double release trigger.

6. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

I set up an 1100 Sporting 28 with a Wenig Ladies stock and my wife shoots Skeet with it very well. The stock also fits an LT-20.
    Every time we let someone borrow it they love it and their scores improve.
    Scott

7. eperry

eperry Member

Started with a browning citori, went to skb TSS 85 trap combo, then a krieghoff KX5 and finally a Krieghoff K-80. DId need to install a gracoil on the Browning and Kx5 but the SKB and K80 are fine without.

8. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Browning XT w/a factory adjustable comb. That's it. A couple of tweaks and it was shooting where it needed to (and where I wanted it to). I have come a long way from my first gun (Beretta) with just about every conceivable adjustable thingy you could do to a shotgun...and I still couldn't shoot it. IMO, keep it as simple as possible.

9. gasman03

gasman03 Member

My 14 yr old son (His Birthday is today) shoots a BT-99 32" with ADJ. factory comb and a RAD 2 installed and fitted by Greg Hissem. He also shoot an XT 32" with a Greg Hissem ADJ comb and RAD 2 fitted for doubles.

Corey

10. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

My daughter is 15 and she shoots a Browning XT 32" out of the box except a butt plate modification. She shoots 6 different events.

11. wolfee

wolfee TS Member

I would like to get my daughter started shooting trap. I would like to set my old 390 up for her, but do not want to cut the stock. Anyone know where I could find a cheap 390 stock? Also, she has never fired a gun before, what is the best thing to start her on, is just starting her at the trap range too much.

12. rrose

rrose TS Member

Wolfee
    I understand Mike at Silver Dollar can get Beretta stocks for about 150 and if so the RL parallel would be good. Another option is Wenig Ladies style that is
    unfinished for about 100 and you finish and add the pad.
    good luck

13. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<a href="http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/jrm7800/?action=view&current=100_0040.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> this is the wenig standard grade New American for ladies, worked out great, but if Mike @ silver dollar can get you the RL stock its plug and play. No down time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.